Chapter 102: Promise

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The sound of their feet rushed down the staircase filled the area. However, the swordmaster Hannah's scream that appeared every so often drowned it all out.

"Wasn't it still at beginning stages?"

Cale turned to the Dark Elf.

"It was at the beginning stages when you left the first time."

Cale, as well as Litana, had left plenty of highest-grade potions and Wolfbane potions for Hannah to remain at the beginning stages for as long as possible. Cale could hear Tasha starting to speak from behind him.

"She is reaching the intermediate stages, but she is not there yet. However, it is still dangerous."

There was a sense of urgency in Tasha's voice.

Cale recalled his conversation with Mary as he continued to run down the stairs. This was a conversation they had while traveling on the carriages.

"You said that there is a way to help her?"

"Yes, as Miss Tasha had said before, it is possible if she is a swordmaster."

"...Mary, I don't want her to just be alive."

"I know, Cale-nim. I will help her recover back to normal."

Mary had sounded confident. Although Mary might seem like a bit of an airhead, Cale knew that she meant the things she said.

"I trust you."

Tap. Tap.

They could see a door at the bottom of the staircase. The door was open. There was a reason the screams made it out of the room.

The servant was standing there, uncertain as to whether he should close the door or keep it open.

"What is going on?"

"Ah, Bin-nim!"

The servant's face brightened up after seeing Bin. Cale immediately headed for the door and they could see a hallway and a room through the open gap.

"Aaaaaaah!"

The scream was coming from that room. As the servant quickly reported to Bin.

"The guest started to seize starting about two hours ago. The guard is currently in the room waiting for any potential emergency situations, while I couldn't decide who to -"

"Your proper step is to report to someone who knows about this. Most likely your queen."

Cale answered back as he gave the solution for the guards dilemma.

"My apologies."

"Open the door. Tasha-nim, Mary-nim, please get ready to act first."

The ladies nodded, as the younger souls were being ushered out of the area, by Aster. As this isn't something everyone should watch, even if she was their enemy.

"...She held on for two hours. Her endurance is amazing."

Eruhaben comments as he was unsuccessful in Aster's coaxing to leave. The younger souls were easier, as they were bribed with cookies and snacks from Aster's stash.

Cale barely turned to the ancient dragon as the two ladies immediately swung the door open as Cale opened the door.

Screeeech-Bang!

The door opened with a loud noise and Cale walked inside. Mary, Tasha, the two dragons (Mieko and Eruhaben) and Ron (who refused to leave Cale) followed behind him. Bin observed this for a moment, sighing to himself. At the sight of their guest quickly taking over command of the whole room in a snap. Then he gave the servant an order.