Chapter 98: Act 1

"I can't believe it. Why had the family business all bankrupt all of a sudden?"

Baron Lum, grumbles as he tried to salvage their family's business, started by their grandfather.

"Peasants should really know their place."

He continued grumbling when he recalls the incident with that supposed to be dead noble. Because of that bastard's scheme, their pillar of support has fallen and is now on home arrest indefinitely and worst of all, the king isn't doing anything about it. In fact, he was slowly passing the responsibilities to the crown prince. When it should be the 3rd prince who obtains the throne.

Baron Lum are well off by their blooming business. They were not as rich as the Henituse, but rich enough for the 3rd prince to consider them as allies. But now that their business suddenly failed and they started accumulating growing debt, due to the sudden loans they needed to take, in order to keep their business going. The prince tossed them aside and deemed them useless.

"Is this all because of that bastard. Let's hope there is someone who would lend us some money to pay back the outstanding debt."

He hoped as he dressed himself elegantly for the party that the mysterious Archduke, the sword of the kingdom hosted at the grand hall. With the permission of the king, of course.

'If I am able to convince the archduke to work with me, I would save the family fortune.'

Oh. How wrong he will be.

--

The party was grand and luxurious, hosted by a very bored looking Archduke, who allowed the Crown Prince and the 2nd Prince to take over the interaction.

'Why Cale?'

The archduke grumbles as he had been dealing with the aftermath of the whole stabbing case. As Zed refused to execute his current wife, as it would just paint a bad image on his reputation. (he got smacked for that.) Therefore, the verdict was house-arrest for indefinite amount of time.

The queen would not be allowed to interact with her family or her son, only isolation in her palace. Then there was the issues with knights, they were all re-evaluated and sent back to training or out on the field.

With the number of commoners getting a higher position than the noble knights increase. Why? There was a field testing with Dame Felicia and Hilsmen, as both training under Cale and Luke, therefore they are the gauge of skills.

In other words, there were huge changes in the kingdom and the arrogant nobles were nervous about it.

The tide of change, called Cale Henituse.

Fortunately, the tides did not change for long, as the said trash was now died.

Or so they think.

--

"When is the main guest coming?"

Alberu asked Choi Han who was beside him as his bodyguard, as he and his brother switched the greeting of the other nobles, after a couple hours.

"I do not know. But Cale-nim, said he says he is going to cause more chaos than the plaza terror incident."

"So the climax. And he wants us to destroy the foundation of my brother (3rd Prince)?"

"Yes, your highness. According to his investigation, your brother's support is due to his mother's connections, and with that said mother out of the picture, we will see how long they decide to side with a losing party."

Archduke Luke finished up with the explanation.

"Besides Cale had a lot of fun these days."

"I heard that Baron Lum's business had failed terribly, due to some internal issues. They are close to bankruptcy now."