Chapter 45: Venion's Despair

Recap

Two of Venion's lackeys were caught by Cage and they had revealed that Venion had worked with Stan territory's underworld to do all sorts of illegal deeds.

That revelation put the citizens in a state of shock. Although the Marquis and his family was tyrannical, they had though that they were at least upright nobles.

The Marquis was currently looking for Venion Stan who had left his injured lackeys behind and ran away when Cage and her crew caught them.

Of course, the person with evidence for all of this was the eldest son, Taylor Stan.

The mind dragon soon arrived as he was needed for the next part of the plan. As Cale turned to the dragon and mage.

"Get it ready."

Both nodded and with a potion in their hand. Venion Stan will end up getting caught in his secret base in the back alley without an injury on his body.

It was time for him to feel despair while remaining alive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cale had paid Beacrox for his services, before he proceeded with the next phrase. But it didn't deter them to stop following him. But Cale left them be as they made it to Venion's hideout.

Watching Venion fall into despair would be Raon's joy.

"Looks fancy."

Cale comments, before he gave Aster the command.

"Sit him on that chair over there."

"Got it."

Aster flung the unconscious Venion onto the luxurious leather seat. Cale looked at Aster who just smirked at carelessly throwing someone's body like that. The base they were in was Venion's secret case in the back alley. It was full of luxurious and fancy items.

The crazy priestess Cage had told him about this location two days ago. Cage, who served the God of Death, was still a priestess even though she was excommunicated. She specialized in curses and mental torture. It was easy for her to get the information from Venion's lackeys.

Of course, since her abilities were used under the name of god, she could only use her curses in situations where she believed she was just. But she should have had enough reason for, 'justice', to use her curses this time.

'Still, she's amazing too."

Even in the past, there was nobody else serving the God of Death who was better than her at using curses. It made sense why people called her the spawn of a necromancer and that she was not fit to be a priestess.

'How ironic. Even if she was a necromancer, I'm sure the God of Death would skill love her.'

Cale quietly observed the unconscious Venion who was hunched over the chair.

"Set him up properly. Take a glove from Beacrox, if you don't want to touch him."

Aster sulked but did as suggested, getting gloves from the chef, before setting the punk down properly and made sure Venion looked tidy, fixing his outfit, hair, etc.

Anybody who saw Venion now would think that he was a fancy noble who has had no problems or injuries for the last few days.

Venion's back still had few small scars that could not be healed with potion, but the majority of the injuries throughout his body were healed. In fact, his face, hands and visible areas showed no signs of injuries at all.