Chapter 14: Claiming the wind, saving the whale

<Cale's PoV>

Once everyone headed to bed, after they pestered me for a couple more songs, I obliged and play some piano classical music, which put most of them to sleep. And Hans still recorded everything. I let him do what he wants because that would be the only recording he what gets. On and Hong will stay with Hans, while me and Raon will collect the Ancient power that they called the thief.

As I carried Raon in my arms and jumped out of the window. I silently landed on the shores with the help of Raon's magic and my runes. "Let's check out the islands first." I told Raon as we few over to islands with a forest in the middle. There was a weird scent in the air.

"Do you want me to check it out?" Raon asked me.

"We will go together." I told him and used a strengthen rune and was able to scale the rocks and trees till we reached the scene. It was coming from 3 mermaid corpse and they are fresh corpse. "It's seems that there was a battle not long ago. They were squash flat."

"How do you know?"

I smirked but I didn't say anything about it. As we went to the whirlpool that had the ancient power below it. I used Abyss to walk on the water's surface, while invisible, since she may be an ice power, but it originated from a water attribute power. Something like this is easy for her.

"how do you do that? Walking on water?" Raon asked me.

"Oh. Because I knew someone who could do the same. Don't worry Raon, this will be a story for another time." when we reached the largest one, I told Raon to wait for me, as I put on a aquatic use rune, and allowed myself to sink deep into the water, as Abyss's instructions. I used Glutton to give myself a protective shield as I got lectured by all of them for using too much runes for no reason. Using the shield I was protected from the sweeping waves till I came upon the rock which is holding the power down. There was a top under the boulder and the moment I got close, the 'air' started screaming.

- YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

'Is this person calling my sweet mother a bitch? I may be trash, but my mother is a darling.' I mentally growled and I could hear Abyss chuckling in my head, while the other 2 are doing no help to calm me down.

- Why is it a sin to steal something that they sacrificed people to create? Especially when I was just going to return it to the people? You trashy bastards! Why do bastards like you have such power?!

'Ah. That makes more sense.' I mentally debated as I reached the boulder. 'I agree. With that statement. People are the worst.' so they person the thief stole from is something that actually sacrifices people... like dead mana. 'this is something we need to investigate. It seems like going to the Eastern Continent and setting up an organization should be one of the top priority. Information is key.'

- This stupid water! If my friend's light was here, it would burn it all!

'Light? Burn? They must know of another ancient power of the fire attribute.'

- Do you know why lightning is so scary? It's because all it takes is a single streak, just ONE STREAK!

'She is referring to Cheapskate. Or the other name is the Fire of Destruction. Will you also be aiming for it?' Glutton asked me.

'If it will be useful. Then sure.' I answered as I held my hand out froze the whirlpool's movement temporary. Before using the same force to crush the boulder. Before I landed onto the sand and pulled the top out. I took a couple of steps back as the top spun on my hands.

Boooooooom.

-if it was a sin that I stole it, why do they claim to not be sinners when they lied to the humans? This world is rotten! It is a rotten world where those in power can do whatever the fuck they want!