Chapter 70: Secret to Cale's strength

An old man in his seventies with a fit form, walked into the knight's training area.

Everyone looked at the old man with mild surprise, but the one who actually jumped was Lily who knows the old man.

"Master!"

Cale didn't say anything about Lily addressing the man as master, as he recognized the old man from their first war at the Henituse walls.

'He is Violan's teacher and guard... it's good to see that he is still up and running about.'

"It's an honor to meet the mother's teacher."

Cale greeted as he left the hero to pant from the intense workout. But it was honestly Cale playing with the hero, as he barely exerted any force against the hero. All he did was redirect, slide or dodge all of the hero attacks.

"Indeed it is. It is an honor to meet the young master that my discipline have been telling me about."

The old man eyed Lily who he was referring to, as she lowered her head and the recording device.

"Is that so. If the old master want to spar with me to gauge my level of swordsmanship, I do not mind."

Cale answered the old man. As he doesn't really want to fight either, he was tired of fighting unnecessarily. The only reason he offered the hero punk, was so he doesn't actually pick a fight with the locals later.

"I'm curious where young master Cale learnt his swordsmanship from?"

The old man asked, as he walked up to the young lad who just sighed in exhaustion.

"It is certainly not a style of our knights. Young Master Cale seems to dance as he fights."

"Yeah. You should see when he is dyed in -- ouff."

Aster was about to boost about his liege, but got elbowed by both twin in his sides, making the idiot whimper and stop.

"We do not talk about that."

Iris smiled on Cale's partner's behalf as they had sense that the idiot would have gone to another topic, which would make Cale angry.

"Indeed. That is the concept, but it's not easy for anyone to handle."

Cale answered the old guard.

"It's taught to me by an old friend."

Cale smiled as Lily rushed up to Cale and tugged on his shirt.

"Can you teach me, orabuni?"

"Sure. I guess we can stay for a while."

Lily smile brighten, as the knights also started to approached, but Cale had a smirk on his face.

"You guys don't suit this style. I will teach you something else, the ancient martial arts family secret."

That made the knights interested, even the twins were interested in what this young master had promised them. While Cale's thought process was this.

'If I can make them stronger, then I can leave most of the County protection to them.'

-Human will you teach us too?-

Raon asked excitedly in his head, as Cale nodded, but he doesn't know if Raon would like it.

"Interesting. I am Erdo, as you expected, I was Countess Violan's former guard, before she married Count Deruth. I would still like the spar. If you would have me, young master. Blade to blade."

The old man said, as he drew the old sword by his side.

"That will be difficult."

Cale sighed as he could not find his sword, it had magically went missing from his room. His dear guardian already told him who the culprit was, but he doesn't plan to really fight unless the war starts.