Chapter 139: Meeting the Elves of the World Tree

Cale led the group as they walked through the stormless area. As Raon flew over to his parent.

"Human, are you going to use the fiery thunderbolt?"

"No. There is no need for me to use it."

Cale pulled Raon into a hug as they continued walking on the slippery surface. The awkward silence still followed, as nobody really wanted to admit that Cale terrified the World Tree.

At that moment, Archie, who had been peeking at Cale, started to speak.

"Young Master-nim, have you met Elves before?"

"I have."

"Then you should know how they are, young master,"

Archie's expression turned serious.

"Why?"

"The Elves of this lake are worse than any other Elves you've met before."

'Ho. worst...'

Cale remembered how Shickler had described the Elves were, 'rude and arrogant'. Archie continued to speak after seeing that he had caught Cale's attention.

"We have met them a few times because they are the closest Elf village to the Whale tribe and we each have items that the other side needs."

"And?"

Archie let out a sigh.

"They think that they are the chosen Elves."

Cale just sighed, and Archie knew he didn't need to continue.

"These Elves are extremely arrogant because they are the only Elves who can see the World Tree as well as a Dragon quite frequently."

Paseton slowly commented as well.

"Mm, they definitely have a habit of ignoring and looking down on other races. It is probably the worst here than any other Elf village. Although we are going at a Dragon-nim's order - "

"Request. I don't take orders from anyone. Not even a dragon."

Cale interrupted, as he may not hold his position as a count's heir, but he had his pride and refused the term, being 'ordered' around.

"By dragon-nim's request. But they will probably ignore you because you are human. They look down on us Whales as idiots with strong bodies."

Archie followed up, with a semi-angry tone.

"I would have whipped them with my tail if our king didn't let me do so. Because of the World Tree."

He admitted.

Paseton had seen Archie respond to rudeness with even more rudeness in the past.

Cale asked the two Whales a question at that time.

"Don't you know how Elves feel about Dragons?"

"We do. They apparently respect them."

"Have you ever seen Elves meeting a Dragon?"

"We have."

Both admitted seeing Pendrick interact with the Onyx dragon, Arax/Mieko. And have heard from the same dragon about how scary an obsessive elf could get.

"We have Raon with us. I suppose they may slightly lower those stiff necks of theirs because my child is with us this time."

"You really think that'll be the case?"

"Oh. Do you underestimate my guess?"

Cale smiled as he looked towards the two whales. Causing them to flinch at the confidence the red-head radiated out.