Chapter 58: Worth

When Cale and party returned to Harris Village, there was a small feast being prepared for everyone.

"Everyone's back! Guys, hyung and everyone else came back!"

The wolf children came running out of the house, as the carriages came piling into the village, as all the items are loaded out of the carriages, while Cale returned to his and the children's room to change his clothes and rest, as he wasn't able to properly rest while the mission was in motion.

"Doctor's father is also here. He is cooking his whole pot stew."

"someone, in my kitchen?"

Beacrox mumbled, as he ran off to reclaim his kitchen from the young master's uncle. Who has indeed ruined a couple of pots and pans, the only reason why the kitchen hasn't burn is because his son was watching the items on the fire.

"Why Sir Ray letting you in my kitchen?"

"Ho... I remember you little brat. You use to sneak snacks for Cale when he was younger. Ah it was adorable to see Cale introduce me to his hyung."

Luke revealed, causing the chef's face to turn all red. As the archduke just laughed at the face, as Ron walked into the kitchen to see his oldest son embarrassed and an old face.

"It has been a long time, sir Luke."

"Oh. Nice to see you haven't fallen yet, Ron."

Luke commented, as he left the kitchen, leaving the remaining cooking to his son, who was assisted by Beacrox.

"It is indeed nice to see you too, sir Luke. What are you doing here?"

The old butler asked.

"Ah, my dear nephew wants me to do something, but haven't told me what it was."

Luke shot back as there were invisible sparks between the two elders.

"I see you are here uncle."

Cale called out as he walked into the house as well, after changing his clothing.

"My dearest nephew, shall we talk about your assignment?"

"After dinner. I'm going to take a nap with the kids. Do what you want."

Cale waved them a good night, before walking off to his room after confirming that his uncle was here.

Cale did not want to get involved in the fight of authority in this place, as he was planning to build another place in the Forest of Darkness, away from these people. Far away from these punks and their crown prince.

Cale plans to send his uncle to be the crown prince's support. As the reveal of the Archduke title and the King's sword is a support that none of the other princes have. Even if they try to eliminate that scamming bastard, Lord Luke should be able to deal with most issues.

As Cale climbed up the stairs, he felt a lump grow in his throat and he coughed into his hand. To see a patch of black blood in his palm. He wiped it off a handkerchief, before continuing his way. As the poison he took from Ron was a lot more potent than the mermaid poison he took, causing Crybaby to work harder to cure it.

'rest. I want to sleep. I also promised the children to cook.'

Cale was lights out for several hours, that the children woke up first and went off to study and play, while their father rested some more.

When dinner was ready, Ron went up to his young master's room, as he knocked the door, he heard no respond from the other side. He opened the door to observe his master sleeping with a frown on his face.