A Wreck

ALEXIS:

ALEXIS:

Bree sat there in shock and a little timid of the information I was telling her.

"Lex bro, why didn't you tell me this? This is deep. You know I would have had one of our good lawyers to help out", Bree explains.

I shook my head, "Bro, it's okay. It's dealt with. It's the past. I know you would have wanted to help—-but I was embarrassed to even talk about it".

"I get that, but still bro—That's some bull man. Like...You? Out of all people—you? Like man nah, they are wrong for that Shìt. I wish I knew bro—-and Domonique's ass was no help", Bree brings up.

I sighed, "Which is what I tried to explain to her now and even during the whole situation. Domonique couldn't see how my mother was brainwashing her. My mother wanted me to be guilty. She wanted me to suffer for my whole sexuality—which was and still is a disobedience to her at heart", I expressed.

"Shit based on the story, I was feeling the same way as I listened to everything you went through. Your grandmother is the only one who seemed to be at your side", Bree says.

I nodded, "Facts—-that's always and forever.", I stated.

Bree nodded, "So what's next? Now that the little girl might be attending the program At Lylani's company ".

I shrug, "Lylani wants me to come meet with her tomorrow to talk about it. Shit I'm probably getting terminated", I say.

Bree sucks her teeth, "...and I'll kick Lylani's ass. She ain't gon Fire you bro. So don't even trip on that. I know wifey can be all business strict—-but all in all—-we family", Bree states.

I chuckled, "I wouldn't put it past me. You know how Capricorns are," I joke.

Bree laughs, "Nah facts, you got a point there", Bree joins the joke, "...but still bro. You good trust me".

I just nodded, taking in our whole conversation. It was a relief to speak about the situation again. I never wanted to speak about it with anyone. However, Bree made me feel comfortable—-she's always in my corner.

**********

After an hour or so, Bree had to get on the move.

"Can you try to get Lex for me?", Bree asked.

I almost forgot the dog was cuddled up with Jordan.

"Oh yeah, I got it", I say as I get up.

I headed to Jordan's room, and when I cracked it open, Lex was still in a ball sleep next to Jordan. I smiled at the scenery, watching them both sleep peacefully.

Unfortunately, I had to ruin the scene. I quietly walked over, and then picked Lex up.

As expected, Lex fussed and whimpered.