Revelations (Side B)

Revelations (Side-B)

(In order to understand how the situation/conflict with Alexis's past escalated —-I thought it would be easy to read from two other point of views in this chapter.)

*THESE ARE NOT PERMANENT POINT-of-VIEWS*

In this chapter, Revelations (Side B), from Alexis past, you guys will be reading from characters Jamie and Rosa point of views.

________________________________________

Continue....

6 months ago

April 20th

JAMIE:

"So basically, I should just accept who I am regardless—-and dig deeper with the issue with Rosa?", I asked Miss Turner for clarification.

Miss Turner sighed, "Jamie, only if that's what you truly feel. I'm just mentioning things that would maybe resolve a couple of things", she spoke.

I thought about everything she was saying to me.

I smiled, "Well thanks for the talk Miss Turner, It really made me feel better inside", I told her brushing off everything.

Miss Turner just nodded, "You're welcome Jamie—now head out okay? It's bright out but the time is still late", she advised.

****

As soon as I stepped inside of my home, the aroma & present of cigarette smoke invaded my nose. I gave my nose a quick pinch to avoid the stingy invasion.

I automatically frowned with disappointment.

I saw my mother sitting at our small beat up kitchen table. Her dirty blonde hair was thrown in a messy ponytail. Her long red nails on her left hand tapped on the table, as the right—secured her cigarette.

"I'm home", I announced, closing the door—making my way to the table.

My mom eyes were glued to her phone which was placed alone on the table in front of her.

Finally she looked up...

My mom smiled, "Kiddo—how was school?", she asked in her unbreakable southern accent.

Her eye contact failed when her eyes went back to acknowledging her cellphone. Waiting for my response.

Little did she know, that gave me the opportunity to sneak the cigarette out her hand...

As I planned—-and expected...

"Jamie what the hell! ", she quickly reacted.

I nonchalantly threw the cigarette in the kitchen sink, as I ran cold water on it.