Eye To Eye

BOBBY:

BOBBY:

I watched Tyshay attempt to walk pass me, I gently grabbed her.

"Oh my gosh, Bobby, what now?", she asked me with attitude.

"I'm tired of you avoiding me, I'm tired of these ungrateful acts", I finally expressed.

"I'm not ungrateful. If you want to hear 'thanks' then Thanks", she told me trying to escape away.

I grabbed her again, less gentle this time.

"What the fuck is your problem?", I asked her.

Tyshay sighed in disbelief.

"What's my problem? Obviously it's you Bobby"

"Look, I get you're upset that because people are blaming you or looking at you as--"

"Wait, that's why you think i'm avoiding you?", she asked me with a frown mixed with sarcasm.

"Yea?...I mean why else?", I questioned.

Tyshay shook her head in disbelief.

"It's not about the situation, it's not about people's view on me after the situation, It's NOT any of that shit. It's the inciting incident, meaning it's the shit that began the situation"

"So....it's the alcohol's fault?", I chuckled a little trying to ease it with a joke.

"Bobby, now is not the time. I'm trying to make you understand that I wouldn't have been in that situation if only you kept it real with me from the beginning. If you would have just told me straight up that you weren't interested in staying with me--I would have been called quits. You don't understand how I felt at the end, and then it hurts more just seeing you live your life without a care in the world meanwhile i'm over here crying myself to sleep almost every damn night", She spoke with so much emotion.

I lost the little sense of humor in me as I just listened to her.

"I'm not mad at you Bobby, I'm mad at myself for letting you put me in this low phase. Avoiding you is not to be petty towards you or to bother you--- it's to help me move on and get my life back to happiness".

I listened to every word, and for once...I had nothing to say.

Tyshay noticed I became mute, then she decided to walk away after realizing I had no response.

In the midst of me just watching her walk away, I was approached by someone. I looked over to see some girl. I know her by face but I never knew her name.

"Hey I'm Tink", she nicely said to me.

"Uh...hey, I'm Bobby...but honestly now is not the right time", I told her off the bat.

"Oh, well I'm sorry. I was actually just coming over to ask can you give my number to your cousin", she asked.

I sighed, "Of course you were"