Steady

BOBBY:

BOBBY:

I stood by my locker, talking to Tyshay. It was finally Friday, so she was mentioning her weekend plans.

"I was thinking maybe we can go to Dave and Busters, somewhere interactive", Tyshay tells me.

I tried to stay engaged with the conversation, but my mind kept lingering on how Rayna acted yesterday.

After I showed Rayna the photo, she got weird and emotional. Right after, she kicked me out of her room. It was almost as if she had a panic attack.

My mother even came outside of her own room to see what had happened. I didn't feel the need to give the truth—neither did Rayna.

"Bobby, do you hear me?", Tyshay snaps her fingers in my face.

I zoned back in...

"Yeah", I tell her.

"Yeah what? Is that a plan?", she asked me.

"How about we kick it with Maleek and Kendall at Maleek's crib. He has a free crib for the weekend ", I suggested.

In all honesty, I knew if I was alone with Tyshay she would expect my full attention. My mind wasn't clear enough for all of that. So I thought a group setting would take the heat off of me.

"What? Kendall didn't tell me she was going over there— she's sneaky as hell", Tyshay frowns.

"Look, cut all that out. Maybe she forgot to mention it. Do you want us to join them or not?", I ask.

Tyshay shrugs, "I mean I guess. Are y'all going to order food and stuff because I don't want to be all up in his house hungry", Tyshay complains.

"Yes. We will order whatever y'all want", I tell

Her.

Seeming satisfied, "Okay, well fine. I'll bring games", Tyshay says.

I nodded, and then opened my mouth to say something else— until a lot of commotion was occurring down the hall.

"GET OFF ME BITCH"

We overheard.

With a gasp, "Someone's fighting", Tyshay says, practically running over there.

Being curious too, I sped up not far behind Tyshay. It was a huge crowd.

"Oh shit that's Tameeka", Tyshay says.

"AHAAHAA GOT YOUR ASS BEAT. STUPID LITTLE BITCH", Tameeka yelled.

Tameeka was being held back by security guards, as well as the other female. I recognized the female from a grade lower. Her name was Monica.

Viewing more of the scene, I saw Jordan attending to Tameeka's side.

"Bitch you're just mad I told your Nigga you a Thot!—pussy on yuck bitch", Monica yells back being held by one of the guards.