Working Things Out

ALEXIS:

ALEXIS:

I popped open my Mountain Dew can soda, as I listened to Bobby.

"I gotta soon be on my way back to Maleek's house, but I just wanted to tell you that", he told me.

"I mean, I don't know...that's a little weird", I laughed.

Bobby laughed too, "I was thinking same thing, but I mean she did explain how her mom needed someone. I guess she thinks because she knows me and you're my cousin--it's a better decision than just a complete stranger".

I took a sip of my soda processing everything Bobby was mentioning.

"What you said her name was again?"

"Jordan...believe me, you wouldn't know her--she's like a lame/good girl", Bobby said.

For some reason, her name sounded very familiar.

"Well, I mean it's better than not having another option. When did she say this whole open house meeting thing was again?"

"Uh...I think tomorrow, yea it is"

"Well, I guess", I replied.

"I wish all this trouble didn't happen, I'm telling you my mom is a sucker for a sob story...she might change her mind", Bobby told me.

I chuckled, "That's alright little man. Regardless it's best for me to leave...I rather find somewhere to stay with some type of payment being made. That sounds silly, but when you're living for free---ain't nothing certain or peachy."

"That's facts, but sorry again", Bobby said, "when are you going to get your own place for yourself?"

"That was my motive when I got here, but what held me back from getting this place was being unemployed. I mean right now some shawty i'm talking to hooked me up with this little gig her Uncle own", I spoke.

"That's wassup. Yall serious?", Bobby asked me.

"Nah, nothing like that. She's gorgeous as hell though. Rich dark complexion, nice ass body, she a good look. Plus she's a sweetheart and have a lot of goals--- independent woman shit", I explained.

Bobby sighed, "See if I met a girl like that, maybe i'll stop being a dog. The girls I come across are so damn crazy,emotional, and most of the time BROKE.", he spoke.

I laughed, "Even that last girl you dealt with, the one you fought for?", I asked him.

"Tyshay? I mean she ain't crazy and she aint broke, she held it down for the kid but she's too damn emotional. I ain't gonna lie, I don't normally say stuff like this, not even to my bros---but Tyshay had a kid falling. That? I ain't ready for. Remember I told you this already...I'm still young.", he mentioned.

"I understand, I told you before I get what you mean: you're young and you have the right to enjoy being single until you're ready to be serious---BUT love ain't just for old people", I told him.