Gossip (Part 2)

JORDAN:

JORDAN:

About an hour later....

I was in the kitchen setting up all of my wet ingredients next to my bowl of flour. Everything was placed on the Kitchen's island.

After the previous emotional conversation with Alexis, she recommended baking. I honestly haven't baked anything in a while. However, I felt like it was a great idea. This is what I usually do to calm my emotions.

I exhaled, getting all of my thoughts out while refocusing on what's happening in the moment...

I was wearing one of my custom aprons that my mother bought me for my birthday. It was the purple one, that obviously Alexis suggested I put on.

Alexis stood on the opposite side of the island— wearing my orange custom apron. Although my emotions were everywhere—I still thought she looked so cute wearing one of my aprons.

Alexis had her phone in her hand, looking for a song. I lightly hummed, still waiting for the song.

Alexis did a quick glance at me, seeing that I was waiting...

"Okay, okay, I'm about to just pick something random from this playlist", Alexis chuckled.

"You're a horrible DJ", I teased, gaining my humor back.

Alexis laughed, "I'm just trying to find the right vibe", she says and then slid her phone down into the pouch of her apron.

The Bluetooth speaker finally played out a song. I listened to the intro followed by the beat.

The song sounded familiar but I knew I didn't know the actual name or artist.

Alexis on the other hand, was very in tune. Once she saw my facial expression...

"You're joking—you don't know this song?", Alexis questions.

"I do...but I don't...", I chuckled.

"You can't suggest old-soul R&B and not know this one", Alexis tease.

I chuckled, "..I guess this is where that four-year gap comes into play".

Alexis puts her hand to her chest, opens her mouth...

"Are you calling me old?! wowwww", Alexis laughed.

"I'm not!", I shrieked in laughter, "You're not even that much older. I'm just saying— I know the song but not well enough".

Sometimes I do forget Alexis is older than me oftentimes. Not saying that in a way to discredit her maturity. It's just that our vibes are similar, and when we are together, I enter this different world.

However, in some areas she does come off more mature and responsible than me. I feel like I'm still figuring out the real world—but you can tell she spent some time in it.