My Rules

JORDAN:

JORDAN:

The drive back to the house was tense and awkward, all in one. Alexis hasn't said a word to me, and I wasn't going to speak either.

I would glance over a few times, just to see her face stone as steel—and her jaw line very defined, due to her clenching it.

Regardless of my peeks—Alexis didn't glance over at me not once.

In about twenty minutes or so, we finally made it to the building. Alexis parked the car, and we both exited out.

The walk to the building was even more awkward, as Alexis walked ahead of me. However, I managed to keep up, and not be too far behind.

When we approached the building door...

I was surprised Alexis held the door for me.

*Maybe she isn't that upset.

"Thank you", I say, returning the manners.

"Mmhm", she only says.

*Nevermind— she's mad.

We waited for the Elevator, and as soon as it came— we got on.

I took in my bottom lip, hoping this elevator ride would zoom by.

Gladly—it did. The elevator doors opened.

I was hesitant to walk out first, until Alexis motioned her hand for me to go first.

With that— I quickly stepped out, as I walked up to the apartment door. I stepped aside, letting Alexis use her keys instead of me using mine.

Once the door opened, I walked inside, preparing to go straight to my room.

"Hold up", Alexis's voice alarms me.

*Ugh no

I was dreading whatever happens or is said next.

However, stopping in my tracks, I turned around.

"Yeah?", I ask.

Alexis closed the door and then locked it.

I watched her run her hand down her face, while lightly tossing her keys on the Kitchen's Island.

Alexis' eyes were hard to read at this moment...

I stood there awkwardly— waiting for her to speak.

Finally...

"Look, I'm not even gonna sugarcoat anything", Alexis starts, "ignoring my calls, and not letting me know if you're safe—-isn't gonna fly in here".

With her eyes glued on me— I felt targeted, and guilty. I realize that I probably took the situation a little bit far by ignoring her messages. However, I felt that I had good reasons.