139 || Bԋαɳυ Mαƚι'ʂ Cɾιʂιʂ!

Hey Guys!!!! 

Here is the hundred and thirty ninth chapter. 

I don't own Mahabharat. 

Happy Reading!! 

**********  

Bhanumati POV

15 hours ago

In Kalinga.

I stared at the moon sitting at the chair placed in the shaded part of the balcony of my room. 
Why was I bestowed with such a fate? 
What did I do wrong?  
Where in life did I make a mistake to having face this day? 
And if it really was my fault then why was my family suffering like this? 
Why should they have to go through such humiliation? 

I sigh deeply. My thoughts have started to give me a headache now. I cannot even sleep peacefully. All these thoughts that have been plaguing my brain are never going to help me but can one ever stop their thoughts?

Another sigh leaves my lips as I think of the occurring's of these last two days.
My Swayam Var was supposed to take place. Swayam Var where anyone who could defeat me in spear fight could marry me.

It has always been like this. My dad married mom because she came par to par with his skills in Shasta's, the Brahmin who was the judge of the same could not find anyone giving nearly apt answers for his questions as my parents did. And thus, the two were married.

My Paternal aunt was married to the prince because she could defeat him in archery skills, that she had mastered in Kanya Kul.
My Paternal uncle married the daughter of the chief commander because she defeated him in a wrestling match that lasted for a Prahar.

And thus, my Swayam Var was scheduled.

But even after fighting for almost two days in a row no one could defeat me. They all failed. No one was competent to be my husband thus.
Now my Swayam Var has ended yet I am sitting here in my room in the palace, with no person to be called as my husband.

Why was I destined with such a fate?
Why could I not find a husband?
Why did my father have to fold his hands in front of the others for me not finding a husband?  Why did my father have to worry about my marriage so much?