An unexpected end

As Shadow enters Zoknar's office, he finds himself in a quite large room with loads of expensive decorations, marble pillars and a big desk and chair which slowly turn around revealing Zoknar.

Zoknar: Well isnt that beautiful. You manage to get rid off my personal guard. Should i be impressed because im not. It was expected! By the way, how is M? Didnt got the courage to come get his toy himself so he sent his altered champion to do the job for him.

Shadow walks slowly toward Zoknar, emotionless and silent. Zoknar sees Shadow's glowing eyes and start laughing.

Zoknar: So he did it this time. He finaly found what he needed all this time. Sadly i know who you are really.

As Zoknar says this line, a purple crystal comes out of the roof. Shadow stops immediatly and fall on his knees as a sharp pain goes through all of his body.

???: So thats the one you were talking about, eh? I though you said he was stronger than the others?

From a dark corner of the room, an all black sergal comes out weraring a trenchcoat and a fedora.

Zoknar: Oh dont worry. Im sure this crystal wont stop him.

Shadow groans and gets up strugling to walk toward the crystal.

Zoknar: See? He's already moving again. But let see what happen if we increase the power of the crystal.

Shadow fall to the floor, twitching from the pain but gets up once again strugling with the pain like his body was burning alive.

???: I think you made your point.
Zoknar: AHAHAH! No i want it to beg me to stop like the worm that he is!

Zoknar increase the power of the crystal once again. Shadow falls completly to the floor unable to move from the pain almost as like his body was decaying every secondes. Shadow was groaning and tiwtching from pain but Zoknar increased the power to the max while laughing menacingly. Shadow couldnt endure the pain even more and started screaming his pain. But suddenly, the crystal energy started fading away as the mysterious sergal drains it.

Zoknar: WAIT WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Zoknar realise the his mysterious friend was the cause of it.

Zoknar: Impossible! You were supposed to...

A purple shard shoot out of the mysterious sergal paw hitting Zoknar in the right shoulder.

???: How the tables have turned. The real threat was right next to you all along. How sad.
Zoknar: I thought... they dealt with... you.
???: Oh they did but i aint done here.

The mysterious sergal starts glowing pink to then reveal a black and purple armor covering his entire body apart from his face.

???: Zoknar Ondimyr, the headmaster of the weaponizing branch hidding as the leader of the Dread Halls gang. You thought that i was out of the picture and gave me the opportunity to strike. But i couldnt kil you without raising suspicions. But luckly...

He then look at Shadow who was recovering from the pain.

???: You came in. I wasnt the only one trying to kill you and now they'll think he killed you.
Zoknar: Because you... think im going... out without a... fight!

Another shard hit him but this time in the chest.

???: Its already too late for that and you know it. Now tell me, Where is he?
Zoknar: Like hell im gonna tell you!
???: Then your corpse shall suffice.
Zoknar: You wont ge...

With one swift move he grabs Zoknar's head and stab him with a shard 3 time in the heart to then shove him on the floor. Shadow get up and begins to run toward the mysterious sergal but an unknown force drag him up in the air stoping his every moves. The sergal look at Shadow once again.

???: I dont think i know you yet somehow i feel his mark on you. Strange...
Shadow: LET ME GO! HE IS MINE!
???: Im not your enemy nor your ally. I know Why you're here so i took the opportunity to give you what he ask for.

He place on the desk 3 objects; an ID card, A black box and a document named Sun Down.

???: Now dont follow me!
Shadow: Why are you helping me?
???: Next time we sees eachother, i wont be friendly...

He then grabs Zoknar's corpse by the leg and drags him into a secret passage behind the desk to then disappear in a purple flash. After he disappeared Shadow lands back on the floor. Shadow takes the stuff on the desk questionning who that sergal was and why he help him. But that is a question for another day as Shadow walks his way back to where it all started.