The cure and the cause

After a couple of hours of taking and analysing samples, the stranger approach Shadow with a curious look on his face.

Stranger: So, i won't hide it, im curious. What happened to her exactly?
Shadow: To be honest, i don't know.
Stranger: You don't know how she got hurted?!
Shadow: She told me i did it but i don't remember what i did.
Stranger: Mmm... interesting... And does it happen often?
Shadow: Sometimes yes, why?
Stranger: And do you regain sense in the middle of a bloodbath with bodies missing their heart?
Shadow: I... How you know that?!
Stranger: You see, i met someone like you before. They lived the same things as you in some ways.
Shadow: Wait, there's other people like me?!
Stranger: Did you really think you where Evolabs only toy? Of course they had other people who they experimented on!
Shadow: Then why didn't i saw anyone like me before?
Stranger: Because most of them are still under control with a device they call "Mind collar" which control the person wearing it. But back to your friend, If you want to save her you'll have to sacrifice your old self for a newer one.
Shadow: If you're going to ask me to be someone else then forget it.
Stranger: No, i missenterpretaded myself, what i want you to do is to be one with what flows in your veins.
Shadow: And how i do that exactly?
Stranger: Follow me, i'll show you.

Shadow follows the stranger back where the crystals where. There's 5 colored crystals, one of each on multiple tables. Blue, purple, red, yellow and black.

Stranger: Here we are, now take the red crystal also called Rage crystal.
Shadow: Okay, what now?
Stranger: Do what come first in your mind, it should come to you naturaly. BUT DON'T SWALLOW IT!
Shadow: WHAT? WHY WOULD I EVEN DO THAT?!
Stranger: Just making sure because one did and it didn't end well.

Shadow looks at the crystal and for a moment he felt in transe with the crystal and then...

CRACK!

Shadow perforates the crystal with his claws and an aura starts coming out where his claws are perforating the crystal to suddenly be absorbed in Shadow. All the red marking and hgis eyes glow faintly red for a moment before fading back to normal. After shadow returns back to normal, Shadow start feeling something on his back. As he feel his back with his paws, he feels nothing out of the ordinary but then a huge pain start in his back as if something was pushing from the inside.

Shadow: [In pain] AAAARRGH! MY BACK! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!
Stranger: I don't know, it never happened before!
Shadow: YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN?!
Stranger: YOUR BACK! IT'S...!
Shadow: AAAAAHHHHH!
Stranger: HOLY SHIT!

As Shadow yell in pain, 2 huge black wings sprout out of Shadow's back, knocking down everything nearby on the ground. The wings are all black and featherless as it is fur that replaced the feathers. They are huge enough to envelope Shadow and someone else at the same time. Since Shadow is in pain and doesn't know how to control his wings, they starts moving around aimlessly making a mess everywhere around the room.

Stranger: STOP MOVING AND CALM DOWN! YOU'RE BREAKING EVERYTHING!
Shadow: LIKE I KNEW HOW TO STOP THEM!
Stranger: IT'S LIKE A TAIL!

Shadow starts calming down as the pain had already stoped. After a moment, Shadow finaly understand how to control his wings.

Shadow: Great i have wings now but HOW IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HELP SKYE?!
Stranger: Im... not sure...
Shadow: SO IM STUCK WITH HUGE WINGS FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE NOW?!

As Shadow says that, the wings goes back in Shadow's back with him noticeing it.

Stranger: Wait, your wings...
Shadow: Yea what about it?
Stranger: They retracted back in you!
Shadow: Yea, real funny!
Stranger: It's true! look by yourself!

Shadow look the best he can his back to realise that his wings were gone. Shadow wonders if he can have wings at will so he tries to wish that the were there and his wings come out again.

Stranger: I see you know how to use them now. Well let's try another one shall we? One of them must be what you need to cure her.
Shadow: If its to have new powers, sure.

Shadow takes another crystal, this time black and does the same thing. Black mist appeares around Shadow's body then Shadow feels stronger than before and tries to lift a heavy rock which demanded less strength than he thought. The stranger is surprised by Shadow's strength but ask Shadow to try the blue crystal. Again, Shadow perforates the crystal and Shadow's paws starts sparkling red. The stranger becomes excited when he sees that.

Stranger: THAT'S IT!
Shadow: I don't understand...
Stranger: You have the ability to cure people. Atleast until you exhaust yourself.
Shadow: SO I CAN CURE SKYE?!
Stranger: Yes.

Shadow run to Skye and look at her wondering to what he actualy need to do.

Shadow: Huh...? What do i do exactly?
Stranger: Maybe put your paws on her wound.
Shadow: Then what?
Stranger: Just do it naturaly!

Shadow looks at Skye with a slightly confused and anxious face as he put his paws on her wound. Shadow is uncomfortable having his paws on Skye as she is in deep sleep. Shadow remind himself why he's doing this and began to focus on her and suddenly Skye starts move and whine in pain. Shadow, slightly worried, continue since the stranger is telling him that is normal. After a moment, Skye calms down and let out a sigh of relief as the pain stops. When Shadow removes his paws, Skye's wound is completly gone but Shadow's vision starts to become blury.

Shadow: I don't feel too good...
Stranger: Sit down before you...

Before the stranger could finish, Shadow lose balance and falls down on the ground.

Stranger: YOU ALRIGHT THERE?
Shadow: I feel like i ran all across tal.
Stranger: Well good news is you cured your friend. Bad news is you exhausted yourself.
Shadow: Why is it a bad news?
Stranger: Because someone told Evolab's special ops that you were here and now they are breaching my defenses!
Shadow: WHAT?!
Cyber: Look, i don't know why they want you and even more to the job themselves but im their target too! Name's Cyber by the way.
Shadow: Shadow. So what do we do?
Cyber: First off, i need you on your feets!

Cyber rapidly takes a syringe and inject the content in Shadow which causes Shadow to fall asleep.

Sweet dreams...