The greedy supervisor

The breeze feel cold as Shadow open his eyes to see the blue sky and and the wave hitting the rocks. He look around to see he is on a cliff with nothing but the dark blue abyss down from the cliff. As Shadow look down the cliff, the wind make Shadow lose balance and fall down. Shadow hits the water like a rock and , while panicking, he tries to come back to the surface but something is preventing him from going up. Shadow look down to see paws and hands grabing onto him, draging him even deeper. Shadow, unable to fight off the many paws and hands, finaly hit the bottom as he falls inof the water to float in the dark. The paws and hands were gone, Shadow lands on what looks like... Blood?! Suddenly bodies start to emerge from the blood ocean, half mutilated bodies of all species with their heart missing.

YoU... LeFt... Us... RoT...
YoU... WiLl... DrOwN... 

Shadow Tries to fight off the walking corpses but rapidly get overwhelmed until...

Sazyl: SHADOW! WAKE UP!

Shadow open his eyes yet again to see Sazyl shaking him.

Shadow: Ugh... Stop yelling...
Sazyl: Then wake the fuck up and tell me what just happened!

Shadow explains to Sazyl why the cave exploded and that they should tell the supervisor who sent them there about it. On their way back to the coast where the boat is, Shadow wonders why he had this weird vision but he doesn't want to talk about to Sazyl since she wouldn't know what to do about it. And that mysterious human, why was he there, hidding in a secret room. So many questions and no anwsers but they arrives at the boat when they hear someone shout at them.

Supervisor: OVER HERE! So are the kobolds dealt with?
Sazyl: Yes.
Supervisor: And is the cave still operationnal?
Shadow: About that...
Supervisor: Don't tell me the explosions was your doing!
Shadow: THE PLACE WAS TRAPPED!
Supervisor: TRAPPED?! HOW?!
Shadow: A human was hidding there and...
Supervisor: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS BULLSHIT! YOU BOTH WASTED MY TIME! YOU'RE NOT GOING IN MY BOAT!
Shadow: WHAT?! YOU ASKED US TO GET RID OF THE KOBOLDS! NOTHING MORE!
Supervisor: EXACTLY! AND YOU DESTROYED THE CAVE WHICH MAKE ALL THIS USELESS FOR US!
Sazyl: Ok we messed up but what if we give you something in exchange of boarding your boat?
Supervisor: Now thats something worth considering. But what do you have to give?
Shadow: I got 100 worth of money.

Shadow take out of his pockets 10 metal coins worth $10.

Supervisor: What am i supposed to do with those worthless coins! You trying to scam me!
Shadow: Thats all i got!
Supervisor: Well thos brassard look to worth something though...
Shadow: I'm not giving them to you! Forget about it!
Supervisor: Then forget about boarding the boat!
Sazyl: Come Shadow, we'll find something else to give him.
Supervisor: [Laugh] Good luck with that!

Shadow follows Sazyl while being annoyed about this greedy supervisor. The wander for about 10 ish minutes, looking for anything of value until Shadow finds a weird rock formation nearby. Upon approaching it, Shadow finds what looked like of someone's home with a small bunker. Sazyl enters the remains of said home to see that pretty everything is mostly dusty and old but somehow the canddles are still lit. Of course nothing of value is there, only old picture of happy family and a made up memorial. Shadow and Sazyl enters the small bunker to find what remains of the owner of this home, a dead unrecongnisable anthro who looks momified but not rotten. In the bunker, they find a small vault which is locked so they look around for a key or code only to find nothing. They wanted to open the vault so bad that they decided to open it with brute force and so they did as the vault breaks open from the rust that built up upon the time it was there. Inside they find a gold bar, a pouch full of coins of all sort and a worn out picture with something writen on the back.

To the good years we had!
I miss you both...

As they empty the vault, a weird seed attract Shadows eyes. Shadow tells Sazyl about who abruptly takes it saying that this seed is actually a fruit that was supposed to have none left around but this one was still intact. They leave the bunker while Sazyl talk about how lucky they are to found that seed and how this seed is very important to her. Of course, Shadow doesn't understand why but smile from Sazyl's excitment. They prepare themselves to hope the greedy supervisor is still there and will accept the gold bar. As the arrives the worker are finalising loading stuff onto the boat with the supervisor yelling order at them.

Shadow: HEY! We found something that will interrest you!Supervisor: You again... Look this is your last chance otherwise we're leaving without you two!
Sazyl: Will a gold bar be enough for us to board your boat?
Supervisor: [Laugh] Because you two found a gold bar in less than half an hour? Now you really trying to scam me!

Shadow: [Shows the gold bar] Does this look fake to you?
Supervisor: [Surprised] Wait you weren't lying?! Where did you find that?!
Sazyl: So? You're letting us onboard?
Supervisor: Of course! I might be greedy but i dont break deals like that! Come with me, i'll show you where you'll stay for the travel.

So the supervisor lead Shadow and Sazyl to their room telling them that the boat is off limit to them so they have to stay in their room for the entire travel. Shadow, exhausted from all the work lays face first on his bed and falls immediatly asleep.

Sleep well, buddy... You'll need it for what is to come...