Fix her up

The settlement was quite different from the other ones Shadow has seen before. The settlement wasn't build into some ruins or protected by wall. It feels like the settlement had never been in danger or attacked. Shadow and Skye approaches the settlement but no one was there to stop them from entering the place. While walking around the settlement looking for a doctor or someone who knows how to be one, Skye decides to break the silence.

Skye: Say Shadow, what will we do when we find a doctor?
Shadow: He'll treat your wound.
Skye: And what about the thing that?..
Shadow: We'll find a way.
Skye: What if we don't?
Shadow: We'll find a way...

The streets where empty with only some lights lighting the way. The eary silence broken rarely by muffle chatter in nearby homes. The house are made of scrap mtal and other pieces of junk. Some where eally well made where other seem barely standing. Places like pubs, restaurants, hotels, bounty hall and markets. there is an hospital but for what Skye has, its something more specefic and private that she needs. After some walking and searching, they find some sort of private doctor in an alleyway. The sign in neon says "The Shady fix. For all your needs, there a fix". Upon entering the place, they get acquainted to a male hybrid between a fox and a cheetah. he was looking like a fox but with fur patern of a cheetah and his tail and ears are the same as one. He's wearing doctor outfit with blood stain on it.

Doctor: Hello, welcome to my humble establishement. What can i do for you.
Shadow: My friend here need some "special" treatment that need to not be told outside here. Do you do that here?
Skye: [Nerveous] What you mean by "special"?!
Doctor: In that case, you've came to the right place. I do all sort of treatment, even some that are unusual.
Skye: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "UNUSUAL"?!
Shadow: Perfect, when can we go?
Doctor: Well, you're in luck, i have a free space right now.
Skye: [panicking] DO I HAVE ANY WORD TO SAY IN ALL THIS?!
Shadow: Skye, calm down. There's nothing to worry about.
Skye: It's about me we're talking! Of course im worried!
Shadow: Dont you want to be patch up?
Doctor: I wont do any unecessary check up or treatment. Unless you ask me to.
Shadow: Look, i dont want you to try to kill me again so either you accept to cooperate or i go on my own.
Skye: [Sigh] Okay, okay but only because i want to stay with you.
Doctor: Alrighty then, this way please.

They both follow the doctor in a hallway with 2 doors, Shadow going through the first door and the doctor and skye through the second door. The first door leads to a observation room with a window. The second dor leads to an operation room where Skye lays on a operation bed. The doctor starts patch up Skye after putting to sleep. He then takes some blood samples and other samples from her wound then finishes closing the wound.
After an hour of treating Skye's wound and doing some testing with the samples, the doctor goes back to Shadow.

Shadow: So? How does it look?

The doctor sits on a chair close the lights while turning a red light. The doctor gives to Shadow the serious face.

Doctor: I know you said you wanted some secretsy but i need to know where and how she got injured.
Shadow: Why? Does it matter?
Doctor: No but i want to know. Her case is one i never seen before.
Shadow: I... Dont really know how it happened to be honest. She's the one who knows what happened. But what is her illness?
Doctor: She's not ill actually. She is afflicted by what is called the abyssal curse which i only know the name and symptoms. Did she tried to killed you while talking in an unknown language?
Shadow: Yes, she did.
Doctor: Then she entered the third stage which mean she only got 2 days before the affliction consumes her mind.
Shadow: Can it be cured?
Doctor: Like i said, i never seen a case like her.
Shadow: So there's no cure?!
Doctor: I didn't say that. I only said i can't cure her but i know someone who could.
Shadow: Who?
Doctor: You see someone gave me this book of rare diseases, illness and afflictions, thus why i know this. He probably knows how to cure her.
Shadow: So where is that someone now?
Doctor: Depends on how far you're willing to go to save her.
Shadow: Im... Ready do what must be done.
Doctor: Well, it's a long and risky shot but it's your choice after all.
Shadow: If it can save her...
Doctor: Then you'll have to go to the Whispering mines.
Shadow: The Whispering mines?
Doctor: Dont be fool by the name. There's more than whispering in those mines. Folk went missing in those mines and rumors says that there's living statues and weird creatures too.
Shadow: Why is that someone there? Is it even still alive?
Doctor: Oh, he is alive and why he's there is because of some crystals found in the mines. You see, the mines were closed right after the discovery of some weird crystals that mad the miners crazy. They caved in the mines to stop the crazed miners but recently, a new entry was discovered. Here i'll mark it on this map i've got.
Shadow: Thank for the help.
Doctor: I wouldn't thank me for what waiting ahead of you both. Talking about that i think your friend is waking up. I'll leave you 2 to it.

Shadow goes to Skye as she wakes up, still in the clouds.

Shadow: How you're feeling?
Skye: [Yawns] Never been better actually. So, what was the problem?
Shadow: It's better i tell you on the way.
Skye: On the way? Where?
Shadow: The doctor couldn't cure you so we going to see someone who can.
Skye: What?! Im not cured?! But...
Shadow: We dont have time to waste, Skye.
Skye: But i dont understand!
Shadow: Thus why im going to tell you on the way!
Skye: ON THE WAY WHERE?
Shadow: To the Whispering mines...