A way back home

Shadow: What the...
Sazyl: What's that supposed to mean?!
Skye: Yea, it's gibberish even for me.
Shadow: I can understand it but i don't understand what it means.
Slate: ...
Shadow: Slate, you alright?
Slate: ...

Slate is completly motionless and silent which is worrying Shadow who is waving his paw infront of Slate's face.

Shadow: Slate!
Slate: Huh?
Shadow: Where you lost in your thought or something?
Slate: No?
Shadow: [Sigh] Forget it... Let's just continue.
Skye: [Almost forgot] OH RIGHT! About that... There some kind of dig site nearby.
Sazyl: No use in going there then. Won't find anything related to my problem there.
Shadow: We should go there anyway plus it's exactly where we're supposed to go, is it not?
Sazyl: We not making detour!
Skye: What if Shadow is right? Can't hurt to look.
Sazyl: Actually, with boh of you, yes!
Shadow: It's the only place around here. You got better ideas?
Sazyl: YES! Ignoring it!
Shadow: You want to go home or not?
Sazyl: FINE! IT BETTER NOT BE A WASTE OF TIME OR ELSE!

The group walks to the dig site who look deserted by the looks of it. Still, the group move cautiously just in case. The dig site looks more and more like a crater the more they get closer to it.

Sazyl: You sure it's a dig site because it looks more like a crash site.
Skye: Well technically, it still can be a dig site...
Shadow: It looks like both. Something created this crater and they made some mining.

Some mining equipment where still there. A abandonned elevator is there and by the looks of it, someone used it recently too.

Shadow: Someone used this elevator which means...
Skye: We can use it!
Sazyl: We aren't the only ones here.
Shadow: Yup and they may see us going down the elevator which mean someone has to go down first.
Sazyl: Why?! It's a suicidal plan!
Shadow: I never say no to those plans. See you at the bottom.
Skye: Shadow, what are you...?

Shadow jumps the border of the crater and falls down for about 10 secondes, while the group hear the sound of a eagle, before landing softly using his wings to stop his fall.
Shadow looks around him to notice that no one is there.

Skye: SHADOW! YOU ALRIGHT?
Shadow: [Sarcastic] NO! I BROKE MY LEGS AND I'M DYING OF BLOOD LOST!
Skye: WHAT?! CRAP, CRAP! WE'RE COMING! HANG ON!
Sazyl: DUMB BIRD! IT'S SARCASM!
Skye: I... TOTALY KNEW THAT.
Shadow: YOU'RE COMING OR WHAT?

The group enters the elevator and starts to go down. The elevators goes down slowly, VERY slowly but sundenly it stops. Shadow decides to look why the elevator stopped to see that the controls have been remotely controlled.

Sazyl: The elevator isn't moving!
Shadow: Somethings is jamming the commands! I'll look for the source! Just hang on!
Sazyl: Not like we could do anything else!...

Around Shadow is the cratter and a cable too which is plugged to the command to the elevator. Shadow follows it, passing near some truck full or black rock and one with a huge dark purple crystal which made Shadow feel uneasy and sick. Shadow walks away from it quickly and finds a steel fence with the cable going to the other side of it so Shadow fly and lands on the other side of the fence. A generator is plugged with the cable and is offline but it can't had turn off by itself which means someone was there but who? Of course, there isn't any trace of someone coming here but Shadow starts going back quickly anyway. As Shadow arrives at the elevator, the group was already out of the elevator waiting.

Skye: So, what was the problem?
Sazyl: Who cares! It's fixed.
Shadow Someone turned off the generator without leaving a trace.
Sazyl: You sure it wasn't just because it's old and abandonned.
Shadow: Someone was here and is still here.
Skye: What do we do now?
Shadow: I say we look around, search what they were doing here and regroup here.
Sazyl: So you're saying to split up when there is someone or more here? Great idea! Genius idea!
Shadow: You done complainning? You're the one who wants a way back home, not us.
Sazyl: And YOU decided to look here when clearly there's just a giant hole and nothing more!
Shadow: Then prove me wrong by looking around.
Sazyl: You're lucky i'm not in a bad mood.
Shadow: I thought you were always in a bad mood.
Sazyl: Shut up!

The group split up into 3 group; sazyl goes to the east, Skye goes to the north but instead goes to the south thinking it's north and Shadow and Slate goes to the west.

Slate: Say, brother, you never told me how you saw dad.
Shadow: Oh uh... I...
Slate: Ombras! Tell me!
Shadow: [Sigh of anxiety] He... He was in a... Weird capsule...
Slate: Like me?
Shadow: No and he wasn't like we remember him. He left the half medallion on the ground before vanishing.
Slate: So dad just vanished?
Shadow: Yes...

Slate starts having tears knowing that he wouldn't see him again. Shadow hugs him tightly to recomfort him. They continue walking, looking around for anything that could be helpful. After a moment, they finds a small worker housing which is half imbeded in the wall. The door was locked so Shadow decides to bash the door in which, after 5 hit, breaks from its inges. Upon entering, they see a perfectly clean room with beds, tables, chairs, lockers and other thing but one thing was out of place, an old bookcase. Shadow inspects the bookcase closer to feel wind coming from it so he move it to see that there is a hidden door behind it. On the other side is an office with an old dusty computer. Shadow approach it to see that someone used it recently and took all the data on it but there's one thing left on it.
A note which says:

You are too late, Ombras...

A gun fire is heard outside so Shadow goes to Slate to see he isn't there anymore.

SHADOW! COME OUT! LET'S HAVE A LITTLE CHAT!