Part four

**TRIGGER WARNING* Mentions of SA,assUlt and death

Mark sat alone in his apartment thinking about the long ago drunken night Arizona told him her secret. When they had been first become closer. They had just returned from a very late night at Joe's. Callie was livid with Arizona so she went across the hall to sleep at Mark's

The duo were sitting very close on Mark's couch. It was a position they often found themselves. Neither talked about it. Most of the time they both needed the contact. Especially Arizona right at his moment. Though she realized her relationship with her former #1 enemy was weird she accepted it completely. He was her closest friend.

Tonight she needed him the most. She hadn't slept good for weeks
Her nightmares had returned. Webber had ordered her jnto counseling before return to work. But she stopped going when her shrink in DC signed off .when she was living with her parents. The alcohol had me her emotions high and she needed her best friend.

"M-mnark." Arizona whispered as she lay her head on his shoulder.

"What's up Angel?" he answered with the nixkbane he only called her when they were alone.

"Will you promise not say anything to Callie if I tell you som-something?" She softly stammered.

"Of course." Mark answered as he tightened his grip on her hand in reassurance.

Arizona slowly did the only thing that would clearly let Mark know the severity if her secret. She turned to him and slowly lifted her t shirt. Exposing a 3 inch scar on her abdomen and a smaller scar on her aide.
'What the hell happened?" He gasped.

"I-I was attacked. On our way one of the villiages we served Th-the car he were riding in was attacked by insurgent soldiers looking for drugs."

Mark took her into his arms as she
continued with her story of the attack. They dragged the 2 aid workers from their jeep. Of how one of the soldiers decided to sexually assault the young American and how her friend lost his life trying to stop him. Then the soldier shot Arizona and hit her in the head with the butt of his gun several times for resisting. Lack of time kept him from hurting her more. As a vehicle in the distance approa⁸ched the 2 soldiers made their escape.

After Arizona was stabilized She was flown to London and then to D.C where her parents live. She was treated for the gun shot wounds and a TBI.

Mark was left speechless. But he knew one thing. Nobody would ever hurt his best friend
again. His angel. Even if she was his best friends girl.