Part 11

Addison nodded,  giving Derek Shepherd  permission to continue. He explained to the exhausted duo that Callie would be on paralytic for the next 48 hours. Then weened off slowly. To give her body rest in case they had to go back in.  He would chick her neuro functions after the 48 hours. She was stable at that time.

Addison was next.
She dreaded her part the most. She didn't want to take sides. The pain on Mark's face. The love for and fear of losing his baby daughter the last 7 hours was absolutely heartbreaking.

Addison had some things she needed to discuss with the team but she didn't want to do it in front of Mark and Arizona. She encouraged them to get some food. Th3 couple agreed. They walked away but Arizona forgot her bag and they returned just in time to hear Addisin tell the other doctors that Sofia nay need a blood transfusion. Mark heard transfusion and he immediately spoke up.

"I need to donate blood right away then." Ge said eagerly.

Addison quickly turned to him. A little startled that he was behind her.

"Mark uh-i I didn't know you were there." She stammered. 

"OK. I'll head down to the lab and donate. " ignoring how weird she was suddenly acting.

Knowing she couldn't break Callie's confidence or Hipaa she remained quiet. Luckily her Addie the chief sent an internal email asking the entire staff to donate blood for Sofia in solidarity.

After giving blood and eating Marj and Arizona headed to the NICU to see their baby. She was beautiful.  They both beamed with love for their little dark haired beauty.

They knew someone needed to be with Callie. The decided to take turns and split their time between Callie and Sofia. Though they were reluctant to be apart. They had been each others support system the oast 24 hours. One last embraxe Arizina headed to MICU to be with Callie and Mark would take the first shift work Sofia.

Aruzona softly spoke to Callie. Telling her all about how strong and beautiful princess Sofia was. That she couldn't wait to meet her Mommy. Daddy was so proud. As a doctor Arizona knows the likelihood of Callie actually hearing what she says to her while sedated or in a coma was very low. But as her girlfriend maybe just maybe she can.