Part 26

*Two months later*

Things at Seattle Grace-Mercy West were going pretty smoothly. Arizona and Mark were still going strong. They had settled into a comfortable but  sexy dynamic at work and at home.  They hit a few bumps in the road long the way but most new couples do. Nothing too bad.

Callie had been neurologically cleared to retain her own health care choices. She had chosen to stay at SGMW against her fathers wishes. She had finally regained her memory. Callie now understood why Arizona and Mark had disappeared. She hadn't blamed them for that. She had broken their hearts.  But staff were still under strict orders not to gossip about the new couple. Callie still had no clue about that news. The truth is that even the hospitals most profound gossipers did not want to be the ones to let that cat out of the bag.

Today was the day. Callie Torres and her baby were being released from the hospital. Arizona and Mark had managed to ignore Callies for the past few months. Arizona had delegated all of Sofia's care to her attendings and residents. But today there was no avoiding her. Hospital protocol stated the head of the department had to sign off on all NICU baby releases. She had to witness all testing. Including the car seat tests. She begged the chief but he wouldn't back down. He hated to force her. He couldn't appear to have favorites. But Arizona Robbins was surely one of Richard Webber's.

You've got this Robbins. Arizona gave herself a pep talk before beginning the testing. Joining were Alex Karev, Miranda Bailey, Callie Torres, Carlos Torres and Aria Torres. No one noticed Mark Sloan peeking the through the window of the door.

Arizona cooed at the baby and talked to her like she would any other baby on the ward. She turned to the Torres family and explained the testing. When it was completed she informed them that their  baby had passed all of the tests and is ready to go home. An hour later as Arizona signed her release forms Callie approached her and attempted to talk.

"Arizona-can we talk?" Callie spoke softly.

"I've explained everything about her release Dr. Torres." Arizona said flatly.

"I thought we could talk about-uh-maybe-uh-you know about us." Callie stammered.

"Us? I'm sorry. If you have any questions about Sofia's release or care you can direct them to Dr. Karev." She replied then turned and wheeled away.

Neither Mark nor Arizona discussed Callie and the baby's release from the hospital.  They avoided talking about her and especially the baby. Hours later the couple would have to face the reality first hand.