Part 23

The cafeteria was full of familiar faces. With their friends sat at their usual table. The whispers buzzing as most all of the cafeteria watched the duo.

Arizona picked out a salad and Mark grabbed a turkey club and 2 orders of fries. The extra fries for Arizona knowing she would eat all of his if he didn't. Along with her salad and maybe part of his sandwich too.  For a woman as toned and sexy as she is the woman could eat. He often teased her about her appetite even before they became a romantic couple.

Arizona wanted to go to her office to eat their lunch but Mark guided them to the table where their friends sat. Sitting with them would either force their friends to ask the questions they all wanted to ask or shut them up. Move on to the next bit of juicy gossip.  The table went silent and they all stared at the couple. Derek Shepherd was the first to break the awkward silence.

"Welcome back guys." Derek smiled.

"Thanks Shepherd. " Mark nodded.

"So manwhore. How the hell did you convince the gold star lesbian to ride the pole?" Cristina Yang laughed. The table went quiet again.

"I scream out your name the whole time Yang." Arizona deadpanned as she leaned over to touch her arm. There was a dead silence then the whole table erupted in laughter. Just like that the new couple was accepted into their circle. Even though most were still concerned for their friend that lay in the bed in the ICU. They each secretly held a slight grudge against Callie Torres for the betrayal and pain she caused Robbins and Sloan.

Arizona was in her office taking a power nap. Between her back to back 5 hour surgeries when she heard a soft knock on her office door.

"Come in." Arizona sighed.

"AZ are you busy?" Teddy Altman inquired as she entered hee best friends office. The two hadn't talked since the night Teddy came to their apartment with Montgomery.  Teddy really hadn't figured out a way to approach her. Or even what to say.

"Nooe. Just trying to recover from a brutally long ass surgery. The Thompson kid." Arizona yawned. "Sorry."

"How did it go?" Teddy asked.

"Great. We managed to repair the bowel without losing much of it. The liver lac wss superficial.  So s simple repair. The bowl was what took so long. Soooo. Bestie. Why are you really here.?" Arizona smiled.

"I-umm, I want to apologize to you. I have been avoiding you because I was pissed and angry. I thought you and Sloan had betrayed Callie. I also thought you had kept it from me. " Teddy explained. 

Arizons thought carefully beore she responded to her friend.

"Okay. That's fair. But let's not talk about it here st thr hospital.  Mark is going to be hanging out with Derek and Owen tonight. They'll most likely be drinking scotch,practicing their golf swings and scratching whatever dudes scratcu." Srizina laughed. "Ehy dint you come over tonight? We can order Thai and drink wine. I'll tell you whatever you wanna kknow.

"Deal. See you around 7? Teddy agreed.

"Seven it is."