⊰1⊱

Cover by: @xSugarLilyx love your interpretation!

Transgression: to violate a law, command, moral code, etc.; offend; sin.

"Impossible odds set the stage for amazing miracles."

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 8

A light breeze billows the pink curtains of my bedroom window.

Laughter fills the hallway, my bedroom door wide open while I lay on my back on my bed. I'm reading my favorite book, listening as Ciarán runs closer followed by the sound of multiple footsteps behind him. Their talking becomes louder the closer they draw toward my room, and I briefly tilt my head back just as one of his friends runs past the open door frame.

"Come on!" One of the boys yells at the others, including my brother. I recognize him along with the rest of Ciarán's friends; boys belonging to my family's coven, Aohdan's and those who are friends with Delaney. There are a few our age while most are just a couple of years older.

"Where are you going?" I ask as soon as I see Ciarán cross by. I hear him come to a halt and walk back toward the door while the rest of the boys run behind him to join up where they are all meeting.

Ciarán shrugs his shoulders once he's standing in the door frame and says, "Nowhere."

He doesn't want me to come play.

He never does anymore.

I roll onto my stomach so I'm no longer looking at him upside down, placing the book in front of me on the bed covers and ask, "Why can't I come and play?"

Ciarán looks off to the right briefly before his intense reddish-orange eyes meet with mine and he states, "You'll just get hurt. Mama and our dads will get upset and I'll get in trouble."

"I won't get hurt," I smile and sit up while swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, "you'll be there to protect me."

"Uh, no, I don't want to babysit my sister when I want to have fun with my friends," Ciarán corrects me and rolls his eyes. After crossing his arms in front of his chest he huffs, "You'll just get in the way."

Just as I part my lips to speak, Mercury backtracks and asks, "Ciarán, what's the holdup?" Just as he questions my brother, Mercury's ebony hair conceals one of his malachite eyes as he shifts them to lock onto me. He's the eldest of Ciarán's friends, seven years older than the two of us and currently attending Meliorist Sanctum, the high school for any being to coexist alongside those who aren't normally within our circles.

I don't know what I did, but half the time he's either overly nice to me where the other half it looks like he wants to drink my blood and hurt me. There are a few boys from school that are friends of Mercury's and they tend to hang around every now and then when brought to my parents' castle. Lately, a lot of different vampires come and go, some I recognize while others are foreign to me.