⊰84⊱

The Mature Version of Chapter 84 and can be found in Transgression: Private Chapters which is on my profile. I have quite a few works, so you may need to scroll through to find it.

The beginning of Chapter 85 will hint at the overview without going into detail, so you are not missing any important story information by opting out of this chapter.

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

I didn't sneak out that night...

...but I did find comfort with Lailoken as I was able to hold his hand at a distance while falling asleep in the same bed as opposed to him laying on the floor.

I'm giggling, enamored with the way I formally meet all of their wolves today. Lailoken sits on the steps of the patio, watching me as all of their wolves encircle me. Those who are not dormant, their white fur reflects the sun overhead, the light layer of snow beneath their paws as the middle of winter surrounds us. Snow falls onto their coats, blending their fur in with the ground when they crawl on their bellies.

For those who are dormant and have not found their wolf mate, they smile and run around, giggling and playing with their pack members. It's fun and a snowball fight slowly erupts. I squeal with laughter and as the sun begins to slowly set behind the tops of the forest trees, Lailoken and I make our way up the stairs.

He makes a quick joke about how I'll never catch any of the wolves and I push his shoulder while gasping. He laughs...how his laughter makes me grin. When we reach the bedroom, he asks me, "Did you need a shower to warm up?"

I don't though, replying back, "I'm okay."

"I'm going to take a quick one then," I nod when he tells me.

When he heads toward the bathroom, I ask him, "Do you want coffee? I was going to make myself some hot chocolate."

"I'll have anything you bring me," he winks over his shoulder and my cheeks fill with color. I leave with a slight fluster, heading back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Anysa, Mandy and Vitna are hanging out in the kitchen when their conversation comes to a startling silence. They watch my movements as I begin to get the kettle and the coffee pot prepared, Anysa asking me, "I thought Alpha Loki was supposed to win you over."

"I...uh..." my voice trails off as I continue to get everything ready.

Vitna giggles and replies for me, "Awww, she's warming up to him."

Before I can interject, Mandy laughs, "Of course she has-"

"Stealing kisses in the moonlight on the balcony," Em 'n Em swoons as she leans her back against the archway of the kitchen.

My eyes widen as my face turns bright red.

"I...I..." I'm flustered as I get my hot chocolate ready and Lailoken's coffee, quickly ducking out of the kitchen while they resume their discussion.

I hear Brilite call from the living room, watching me at the foot of the stairs, "He likes two lumps."

My muscles tense and I tighten my grip on the mug handles.

Glofish releases a sigh and speaks up, correcting, "In his coffee...Brilite..."

"Wha?" She giggles and I have to remove myself before I die of embarrassment.

When I bring the two mugs back upstairs and to his room, I manage to craftily edge my way through the door. Closing the door behind me with my foot, I set his coffee mug down on the bedside table. Taking a few small sips of my hot chocolate, I blow the steam rising from the surface. I stand at the side of the bed, looking outside the glass doors to the balcony as I watch the snow gently fall and create a thin coat on the wood.