⊰4⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 8

As soon as I'm awake, I'm already packing my bag with clothes, shoes and everything else I'll need for the rest of the summer, smiling as I gather everything. I can't wait to see everyone...Sophia, Jelena, Dexter...all of them!

When I turn back around from the drawers I'd been unloading into my bag I nearly run into someone. Releasing the air in my lungs, I glance up, and my smile expands even wider.

"Grandpa Keir!" I exclaim and easily drop the bag from my hand. I jump up, and he catches me in his arms, pulling me into a tight hug while he chuckles lightly under his breath. When I pull back a little, I say, "I missed you!"

"I could hardly tell," he pokes fun, and I give him one of my many faces, making him laugh while he looks down at my bag and asks, "so...I take it you were more awake than your dad thought."

I look away bashfully and nod, muttering, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Acacia," he bops his finger against the tip of my nose, and I smile. Bringing my eyes back to meet with his he asks, "did you need help with anything else?"

"Nope!" He allows me to crawl down from his arms and grab my bag, practically ready to walk right out the door until her clicks his tongue at me.

Stopping in my tracks, he chuckles, "You want to change out of your sleepwear first?"

Oops...

I glance down and mentally slap myself. Grandpa Keir walks toward me, reaching for my bag as I let it loose from my fingers. He nods and says, "I'll be waiting in the main hall if you want to get something to eat first then we can head out."

"Alright then," I agree, and he winks at me before leaving the room.

I rush to change into a pair of jeans after putting on fresh underwear and socks, tying up my sneakers before grabbing a light jacket. After brushing my hair, trying it up and down a few times before I roll my eyes and slip a hair tie around my wrist, opting to figure out what I want later. I'm out the door of my room after brushing my teeth, a renewed feeling rushing through me at the excitement of seeing all my friends and getting to spend time hanging out with them.

Once I reach the kitchen, I duck down inside and grab a waffle, ignoring the rest of the breakfast choices that have been laid out. I want to get out of here as fast as I can, wondering precisely what fun adventures we'd have these few months.

It's when I'm in the hallway, waffle between my teeth while I'm zipping up my jacket that I hear daddy call, "Acacia..." I turn around, the corner of his lips tweaking up into a smile as he chuckles.

"Wrg?" I say with the waffle in my mouth, finishing pulling the zipper into place and grabbing the remainder of the waffle into my hand. I'm munching on it while arching a brow, daddy walking toward me as I do so.

"Listen," he kneels down in front of me so that we are eye level. His hands rest on my shoulders while I give him a funny look, "You need to be on your best behavior, okay?"

I swallow the waffle and state, "I'm always on my best behavior," I give him this sly look and state, "I think you have me confused with the other twin."

"Smart ass," he smirks and shakes his head, "your grandpa is hosting another pack for the summer, a potential tie between the two could unite the two, and I want you to make sure you don't do anything to disrupt that. That's not our world, that's not our place."

I open my mouth wide before chomping down on another bite of waffle, staring at him like he's still confusing me with Ciarán.

"Acacia?" He arches a brow, waiting for me to confirm the restrictions of my behavior.