⊰20⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

Grandpa Keir was right, Ciarán and I did makeup.

It was over Christmas just a few days after we got into our fight. Daddy had sent gifts from my family while I got to open them with the other pack members when the day came. It was fun, a lot of excitement where the fire in the living room cast a lovely glow over the Christmas tree. Everyone not only received gifts that they wanted, they also were given at least one gift that was practical within the pack whether it be a weapon for training, specific clothes suited for different types of weather, or even just items related to help find their way if they are lost considering some haven't reached the age to shift yet.

Grandpa Keir gave me a really warm scarf that was also a fuzzy headpiece. Daddy had given me a new glass chess set, but he'd just taken a picture and said it's waiting for me when I get home. Mama had sent me a nice new pair of hiking boots as the old ones I keep at Grandpa Keir's no longer fit me since it was four years ago since the last visit. Dante sent me a couple of new books and a brand new backpack to keep them in.

After everyone was done opening their gifts, Grandpa Keir pulled me aside, and I nearly had a panic attack when he withdrew the moonstone he'd confiscated from me due to their confusion. The chain had been replaced with one of white platinum, the setting of the moonstone also encasing the old engravings. He told me that it belongs to me as I'm a descendant of my mama and from that her mama where her real mama had been an oracle.

She'd died when Grandma Laura was born but had passed on the moonstone on the off chance that her daughter was an oracle. Grandpa Keir told me a lot that day, beginning to understand the significance of an oracle in their culture and customs. As the promise I had made to him, I kept the moonstone hidden in a locked case he'd given me for my bag, just happy that I was starting to come out of the dark that they all shroud around me.

Spring had been fun, spending a lot of happy time with my friends while I hadn't experienced any other visions. The last one alone was enough to make me go insane at the way I'd come out of it...remembering the way the spider webs felt along with the wisps.

Today...

...today is a very important day that I hardly come to understand until I'm woken from my sleep by knocking at my door.

"Acacia!" Jelena is banging on my door like there is no tomorrow.

"Acacia can't come to the door right now," I look at the time, and it's six in the morning. Pulling the covers up over my head I grumble, "Leave a message after the beep..."

"I'll beep you," Jelena giggles and I furrow my brows from beneath the covers.

Tossing them over my head, I ask, "What's that even supposed to mean?"

"Oh good, I didn't get a message recording this time," Jelena giggles while she whispers, "let me in, I have to tell you something."

"Fine..." I get out of my bed and head toward the door, opening it before I see her standing before me. She glances back and forth down the hallway while releasing a small sigh. It's weird...I hear that something is off because it's so early and the entire pack is abuzz...

Jelena motions for me to step back and let her in...which I do, and she quickly closes the door behind her. After locking it, she motions for me to move toward the bed. We sit across from one another as I question, "Jelena? What's wrong? Why is every pack member up this early...especially on a Saturday?"

"Acacia...todays the day..." her voice trails off and she appears somewhat sad. She shakes her head when I'm about to question further, and she notes, "Normally, I would be extremely upset because my friend would be returning...only to have her ignore me unless she needed me for something..."