⊰72⊱

The Mature Version of Chapter 72 can be found in Transgression: Private Chapters which is on my profile

The Mature Version of Chapter 72 can be found in Transgression: Private Chapters which is on my profile. I have quite a few works, so you may need to scroll through to find it.

The Mature Version involves rape.

If you are easily triggered by this subject, just read Chapter 72 here.

The beginning of Chapter 73 will hint at the overview without going into detail, so you are not missing any important story information by opting out of this chapter.

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 17

"Aca-"

"No!" I whirl around and snap at Dante the second we are inside the entryway. Marcus is shaken and immediately runs up the stairs, passing Ciarán on the top landing.

"Watch your tone-"

I glare at him while snipping back, "Or what? You'll throw me in Elysium?!" I see him also glaring back at me when I throw in, "After all, it seems to be the end destination you throw away problems and people that you can't handle anymore!"

"Acacia Valentine!" Dante growls lowly, and I shake my head in complete disbelief.

"I'm an ARIN!" I yell right back, hearing footsteps coming from the hallway while Ciarán remains on the top landing. I'm angry when I continue, "You're horrible!"

Mom comes into view from my side while glancing at Dante and I, asking, "What's going on?"

I point at him with angry tears in my eyes, "He told Grandpa Keir that he isn't blood and has no right having any say in how I'm raised," I turn my gaze from my mom and glare at him, "you are not my dad! You are not blood to me!"

As I'm breathing hard from screaming at the top of my lungs, my mom walks a few steps forward, my eyes flickering to hers...

...a pale sheen of purple reflects across the surface before she gasps.

She stares hard at Dante and snaps, "You had no right..."

"Ro-"

"Get out of my sight!" Mom snaps at Dante, and that's when I see Ciarán raising his brows before Dante listens to her.

Mom's eyes land on me and I see...for the first time since I was very little...emotion flood her. She's hesitant though when she tells me, "I'm so sorry...he shouldn't have-..." her voice cuts and trails off. I see pain flicker before her irises shift to a golden hue. After she pauses and exhales she states, "Keir was more of a father to me than anyone..."

Tears are in my eyes when I retort with what Etain has said, "Then why did you throw away the Wood surname? Why represent the surname that destroyed so many lives-"