⊰26⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 13

A growl comes from Taron's wolf directed right at Ciarán's wolf as I catch him taking a step toward him. Sophia's wolf continues to whimper and cry, nursing her wounds as Grandpa Keir and Alpha Chris are among many who have now found their way here. Ciarán's wolf immediately whirls around and takes a snapping growl at Taron's wolf while his lips are pulled back, baring his teeth aggressively.

Taron's wolf released a very loud bark and followed up by another growl, though Ciarán's wolf keeps his aggressive stance, his ears forward, and fur bristled.

"Acacia!" Daddy's voice makes my heart drop as what inevitably happens next is something I hardly feel I'm living in and just watching pictures flash across my vision.

Grandpa Keir moves forward while there are warriors from Alpha Chris' pack that move toward Sophia's wolf and aid her, making sure she is okay as she is their future luna. I can see Jelena and Dexter off to one of the sides as the commotion is drawing more pack members to the clearing, Holden stepping off to the side as even Seth and Fawn are curious.

Alpha Chris tries to remain calm as he tells son, "Stand down, Taron."

Taron's wolf...his eyes flicker to meet up with mine, a mixture of emotions flooding behind them as I feel my own heart breaking at the situation. Ciarán's wolf continues to guard me...but he doesn't need to, not from him...

When Taron's wolf tries to ignore his command, Alpha Chris releases a darker version and snarls, "Boy...that true born is two years younger than you, and his wolf is larger than yours! Put your damn pride aside and stand the fuck down!"

Of course...

...his pride.

My eyes become slightly teary and I tear my gaze away from those golden irises.

He's defending Sophia by challenging Ciarán's wolf.

Now I can't even look at his wolf...knowing that the only reason he is acting out against Ciarán's wolf is that of her. How silly and foolish of me to mistake those mixed feelings and emotions for ones of...

"Ciarán, be calm now," mama's voice is soothing as she comes from the tree trunks and stands near daddy. I can't look at any of them, wanting to disappear while Ciarán's wolf casts a quick glance at our mama, a moment later...he acknowledges her request.

Daddy has clothes in his hands for Ciarán, my brother moving out from in front of me and opting to sit beside me. Taron's wolf...I don't know, because I feel that power surge shift while I know he must be back to his skin form. I catch Ciarán's wolf's head turn in the direction of Ridge just right off next to me, analyzing him before I hear a snort leave his muzzle.

Ciarán's wolf finally leaves my side, padding toward daddy and mama while he hands out clothes, his wolf taking them between his teeth as he shifts back a few feet over. My heart continues to beat fast, because Sophia is also no longer as her wolf, crying as she holds her injured arm.

Ciarán did some severe damage because I can tell it's broken from the angle alone.

When I see Ciarán come back into sight, he stands next to mama, his eyes shifting from me to Taron and then landing on Ridge. His features are hiding genuine emotion, but I do see his jaw clench a second later before Grandpa Keir finally is the one to ask, "What happened here?"

Sophia accuses and cries out, "You can smell it!" She glares at me and snarls, "My mate's smell is all over her!"

He's not your mate yet...