⊰90⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

Off the grid...

...places Lailoken knows...for the exception of where I was taken.

It's a quiet and peaceful area that us three come out onto from the outskirts of the forest. It's near a waterfall, pelting down into a lake before it trickles down a river. The river breaks the grounds, noticing the large estate in the background as if it's the perfect painting. The vampires are already standing before us, five of them taking stances while Fenrir and Marcel remain calm.

"Few know of these whereabouts," one of the vampires speaks as the head of this security party. He pauses as his eyes rest on me while saying, "Tell me, how did you come across these grounds?"

I'm nervous at first, but I reply with, "My name...is Acacia Arin-Valentine," their features shift drastically and I continue with, "I want to-"

"No beloved of Mercury Thornton's is allowed within this perimeter," the leader snaps his fingers and the rest of the vampires become a bit more aggressive...though they make no move forward toward my alpha wolves.

"I'm not his beloved..." it's hurt that's laced in my voice, "...I was wrongfully claimed. I hold no ties to him any longer." As I say this, I reveal the marks on the side of my neck, the vampire taking a good look at Lailoken's and then Taron's.

He's quiet for a moment but releases a sigh before stating, "Aohdan will allow you an audience." They must have spoken their silent thoughts and relaying information to one another. I nod my head and the vampires escort us to the estate. My grip on Fenrir's fur tightens as I'm very anxious to even see them again...

...especially Rian.

Aohdan is like my dad...they're on par with an alpha wolf...but does that strength match a true born hybrid, should something go wrong?

We're brought into the main entryway, moving off Fenrir when he lowers his belly to the smooth marble floor. I'm in awe as I glance around at the estate, my eyes only coming down from the ceiling when I hear Aohdan state, "What is it that you want, Acacia?"

My muscles tense as his intense malachite eyes lock with mine, my heart skipping a beat as he strides toward where we stand. Fenrir and Taron wrap around my sides, keeping their guards on high alert...though as Aohdan comes to a halt, he tsks, "I'd never hurt that which I'd pledge my life to," he's referring to the allegiance he holds to my mom. He nods in the direction of a parlor room doors and says, "Would you rather remain unable to speak? If not, you can shift there."

Marcel snorts at Aohdan, though Fenrir is the one to take the backpack off my back, carrying it between his teeth as they both move toward the parlor. With the doors shut slightly behind them, I'm left with Aohdan.

"Aohdan...I want to talk to Rian," I'm hesitant as I tell him this.

Aohdan arches a brow and asks, "Are you not the beloved of Mercury Thornton? Regardless if it was forced, are you not his true beloved?"

Shaking my head, I reply, "I know now..." my voice trails off, feeling very small in Aohdan's presence.

Lailoken is the one to come to my rescue when he leaves the parlor and tells him, "I destroyed the claim Mercury had on her and the ties of our bonds set themselves straight. Whatever it was perceived that Acacia was Mercury's beloved, it's apparent and obvious that something tampered with the bonds."

"Acacia, you have to understand that I'm looking out for my son," Aohdan's features soften just slightly and I do agree with him. He's being his parent...he actually cares about his son...