⊰67⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

My knees are drawn up to my chin as I sit in the back seat of Grandpa Keir's car. I'm staring out the window, my eyes red from crying, though I've cried all I can...there's nothing left. He remains silent through the drive, my chest rising and falling as I choke back sobs that rise, though I don't want them to escape.

The pack lodge draws closer into my view, my eyelids closing as I take deep breaths.

I never wanted to come back here...

...though what choice do I have?

Return to school and be harassed and raped by Mercury...Ciarán?

...or return to a pack that one day, my mate will return to during the summer with his child and choice mate?

I'd rather let my heart bleed out here then endure any physical torment from those who use me...

Grandpa Keir glances at me in the rearview mirror...though I only notice when I open my eyelids he's staring at me. The engine is off, the car parked and me silently breaking in my thoughts. It never occurred to me...

...did my parents tell him what happened to me?

Or was me yelling at my dad about what happened the first time he's heard anything about it?

The way he continues to stare at me, I'm going with the latter.

"Acacia, we can talk when you're settled if you want?" His voice is very gentle, his eyes continuing to hold mine. I don't even know what I'm going to say to him, but right now, I want to break down and fall apart.

I slowly nod my head, lifting my chin away from the tops of my knees before exiting the car. I have my bag over my shoulder, glancing up at the pack lodge before I walk across the grass with Grandpa Keir.

After the way I left...

...no one is going to want to say anything to me.

I was supposed to be their luna one day.

I was supposed to be their family.

Now, I feel like an outcast coming back when there's nowhere left for me to go. Regardless of how they'll see me, this is how I feel.

I capture many looks as Grandpa Keir opens the front door for me, dark storm clouds hovering in the night sky closer toward the grounds as we head inside. Many have questions lingering in their eyes, Holden being one of the first to gasp and exclaim with excitement, "Acacia!"

Though, when I look his way, I can't even form a smile. My lips pull into a tight line as I climb up the stairs, watching Holden's excitement being popped like a balloon. With his exclamation though, it's not long before I have Jelena knocking at my door while I'm unpacking my belongings.

"Acacia?" She knocks again on the closed door, though I don't say a single word as I continue to set everything in its place. After a while, she gives up, and I hear her footsteps fade away, my heart beating fast as I try and reign in how erratic it is. It's late, and hopefully, those who saw and know that I'm here will forget what they saw and head to bed.

Once I slip on dark yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt, I open my bedroom door and close it behind me. Making my way toward Grandpa Keir's bedroom, I knock on the door hesitantly. When it opens, I see he's wearing a shirt and sweatpants, a halfhearted smile on his face as he welcomes me inside.

At the foot of his bed, there is a small table set up where I see hot chocolate and slices of chocolate cake. There is a bowl of popcorn and sodas as well; the T.V. turned on as the menu screen for one of my favorite movies as a kid is waiting for him to press play. A fresh wave of tears surfaces, stinging the bridge of my nose as Grandpa Keir doesn't say anything, just pulling me into a warm hug.