⊰54⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

"Why's his birthday so special?" Marcus stops from running around the tables that Holden and Dexter are set up above the cliff that we climbed, the waterfall drumming down into the small lake before spilling over the edge is the backdrop of perfection. We're setting up a surprise that even Alpha Chris was okay with when Jelena and I approached him...

...Taron's eighteenth birthday.

We wanted to throw him a surprise party since the Crusaders Pack acknowledge moving from one age to the next...they don't know how to have fun with it.

Jelena is currently distracting Taron doing god knows what, Ridge quickly helping set up as we'd all prepared the food late last night. It was risky with all the delicious smells...but Ridge was helpful enough to slip something in Taron's drink to...

"Acacia, where do you want this?" Dexter asks me as he holds up a few of the happy birthday signs that everyone had signed for him. Shrugging my shoulders, I point toward a few of the trees off to the right. Crusaders Pack members are setting up blankets a ways off from the tables for when everyone decides to go swimming; towels also strung up on lines between the trees.

Scrunching my nose at him, I lift Marcus into my arms, and he laughs while struggling to get away. We both end up on the grass, laughing as we get into a tickle fight. When we do calm down slightly, I tell Marcus, "Well, supposedly-"

"Supposedly," Ridge is quick to air quote the word.

I merely roll my eyes at him and return my attention to Marcus and say, "From this point on, he's considered an adult in the eyes of the werewolves he's surrounded by. He'll be surer of who his mate is if he finds the individual and though the pull might be great if his mate isn't sixteen yet, there's no solid confirmation, just mere speculation."

"Cool!" Marcus screams and then asks, "Cacia, will I have a mate?"

Holden motions off slightly that we are ready to get the guest of honor, watching out of my peripheral vision that more and more of both packs are scaling the cliff face and starting to get ready for the surprise.

"Of course you'll have a mate," Ridge kneels down right next to me as Marcus looks at him with wide eyes. He tilts his head to the side and chuckles, "Such a sweet little guy like you will have a wonderful mate of his equal." Arching a brow at Ridge, he laughs awkwardly before rising to his feet, and he asks me, "Ready to go get him?"

"Isn't he going to smell everyone up here when he gets close enough?" I ask Ridge as I feel this one thing is going to throw the entire surprise part of the party out the window.

Ridge wiggles his brows and lowers his voice just slightly to say, "He's all up in your scent woman, he's not going to be paying much attention to anything else."

"Bad future alpha, shouldn't he know better than to have his senses dulled?" I ask while laughing Grandpa Keir waving over Marcus closer to the lake.

Ridge shrugs his shoulders and states, "He isn't alpha yet...so...he can slip and slide just a bit."

"Uh-huh," shaking my head I reply just as I see Alpha Chris breaking off from a group of his warriors to near the both of us.

Alpha Chris stops a few feet away, his eyes looking me over before he asks, "Are you sure my son is going to enjoy this type of surprise?"

Considering he hasn't had birthday parties...well, the Crusaders Pack members in general...I do hope so. I smile while nodding back and saying, "Yes! The cake is chocolate with strawberry filling."