⊰50⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

Meliorist Sanctum

Ciarán returned to school after a month in Elysium...

...the change in him was quite drastic.

I don't know if he's mad at me or not, but I understand the way he distanced himself the moment he returned. Even when we did end up passing one another, he did greet me, but it was very solemn...he couldn't look me in the eyes.

Surprisingly, for the better part of the school year, Mercury kept his distance, though I'd see him spending a lot of time with Niamh. The one who trailed my movements...was Cypher, though he never interacted unless I was alone and it was only to remind me of my place. It was a long year with the way Ciarán and I's relationship shifted, but I could tell he regretted ever doing what he did.

As a king, he needs to learn from his mistakes and at least with being in the school it was more of a trial and error for him. So long as he was sincere...I can forgive him, he's my brother, and we're stuck with each other for life whether or not he ever wanted me as a sister waiver now and then. Second guessing my very existence is something I tend to do more often than not now.

Rian and I hadn't found anything in our many trips to the library in regards to blood memories and how he was able to see what others couldn't. I'm beginning to suspect he's some magical unicorn in disguise, though he denies it every time I bring it up. We...also went on quite a few more dates...

One of my favorites, was when Rian and I went to the grove directly on the opposite side of campus from the shops. We made sandwiches and packed water bottles, a few of my favorite books and a blanket. The two of us had sat with our backs to the tree trunk, reading in silence, though enjoying each other's company. The day had passed us by quickly that day, and when I reached for the second half of my sandwich, it wasn't there. When I'd glanced down, and then around the tree trunk, I saw Rian smiling at me, and it was then that he asked me to be his date for the end of the year ball.

No part of me wanted to say no.

That was over a week ago, and now, I sit at the edge of my bed in the dorm room, examines having finished a few days prior and now...the end of the year ball will commence tonight. Releasing a small sigh, I stare at the dress that Dante had delivered to my room this morning...

...it seems that regardless of Ciarán's actions, he'll be attending the end of the year dance. Once again, neither of us have a choice in the matter.

Once I slip into the dress, the grayish sky material reaches my knees

Once I slip into the dress, the grayish sky material reaches my knees. Sequins that look like scattered stars litter the dress where they gather in clusters in some areas while sparse with others. It's a one shoulder strap over my right side, stepping into matching silver heels and setting the straps in place.