⊰44⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

Meliorist Sanctum

I did exactly what my brother told me...

...I began to show everyone what I wanted them to see.

What made things easier, was Mercury and Cypher were not present at the school, and for how long, I didn't know that answer. I used this to my advantage, and whenever someone did approach and asked me or made a slandered comment in my direction, I took the initiative and started using their own words against them. Most of the comments I'd receive were from vampires, especially ones that were part of the same group Mercury had established, though they were quick to shut their mouths whenever my brother was around.

In the first few months, I was able to shine in the extra advancement academic programs and started making more of a name for myself.

Many already knew me as my mom's daughter and my brother's sister...

...but they didn't know me.

Instead of always spending time in the library, I wanted another space I felt safe within...so after Ciarán won the position for the president of the student council, it was much easier to approach him than someone I didn't know about my idea. I asked him about creating a chess club, and he thought that was a great idea as even Sinéad and Fae said they'd help initiate it if I needed a few members to kick start it.

It wasn't long before others who wanted the same type of space that I did came forward and joined.

I was happy.

"Fae...what exactly are you doing?" I keep from giggling as she walks all over the top of my head. Sinéad furrows her brows at the faerie above me as the others in the courtyard are all abuzz at the first public school council meeting since the positions had been filled. The sun beams down on us, though buildings and trees create some sanctuary of shade away from the rays.

Fae humphs and states, "Your hair is always just like...gah!"

"What does, 'gah!' mean?" I laugh right back, and it causes her to lift away from my head as I hear her wings flutter and catch the air.

"Like...you always wear it down, and you never do anything with it," she snaps her fingers, and I feel strands lifting from different areas on my scalp.

Sinéad looks at me in awe as she says, "Fae has a point."

"Since when did the two of you start caring about my appearance?" I roll my eyes as I continue to feel the strands lifting off my shoulders and some out of my eyes. It doesn't matter to me because if my hair is down, it provides a shield for me to encase myself with and hide behind.

Fae giggles before she flies just a few feet in front of my face while she tilts her head to the side and says, "You're beautiful Acacia!" She then moves closer, and she whispers, "I just want everyone else to see your pretty face."

Oh geez...

"Nah, Acacia she did a pretty sweet job with your hair," Sinéad commends before she reflects an image using the water from her cup, acting almost like a mirror. My hair is pulled back into a loose braid where Fae also wove in a few lavender flowers for an accent. With my hair like this, there's nothing for me to hide behind.

"It's beautiful, thank you Fae," I thank her before I see her now betrothed Prince Aven waving at her from the faeries who have settled up in a treetop above the stage for the student council presentation meeting.