⊰22⊱

Some lovely readers have given Taron's wolf a name because they see them as complete separate identities at the same time as one. They have named him unofficially: Marcel.

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

I'm listening to an apology from Sophia, hearing the way she's forgotten that I haven't been around for a while and everything from the kitchen sink as to why I'd said what I did. She stirs me from my thoughts when I feel her hands clutch mine, bringing my gaze to meet with hers as we sit on her bed.

"I am so sorry..." Sophia releases a sigh and says, "...I was protecting Alpha Chris and Taron's pride as I've come to be part of their pack as well as this one. That's why I'll be so much more relieved once the merger is complete in the years to come," she finishes this off with a smile.

Furrowing my brows, I ask, "Why is that?"

She shakes her head and giggles, "Well...obviously there are those our age and older that question and challenge my very existence of becoming luna," I'm still not following her, and it comes across so she says, "when I say something it won't be questioned."

Uh-huh...

Nodding my head, I don't want to get into a fight with her. She will be their future luna...Taron's luna...his mate...and I have to step back and respect that. I have to remember that I am a guest here and the whole reason I didn't want to come back in the summers was that I was worried about screwing something up between their packs.

"Anyways," she releases my hands and waves one of hers while she asks, "how have you been?"

"Alright," I think about it for a moment and then tell her, "I don't know if you know, but mama had another baby. He's four now...his name is Marcus, and he's a werewolf."

Sophia smiles and squeals, "Awe! He sounds like a little sweetie!" When I part my lips to say something, she says, "Oh! I have to introduce you to some of the warriors that came this time from the Crusaders Pack!" She nudges my shoulder and smirks, "I think you'd like them."

"Uh..." I can't quite understand why she's this way, fawning over them all so much, "I-no, that's-"

She cuts me off and says, "Actually...Holden is coming with us..." she gives me this sideways glance before she smiles, "...Taron, Ridge and I along with Seth and Fawn are going to go rock climbing later this afternoon! You should totally come because some of the older warrior guys are going to make sure it's all safe and protect us."

I've never felt threatened here before...that one time when we were at the lake was a random attack.

Why is it she's being surrounded all of a sudden by these protectors?

"Jelena and Dexter?" I ask, and she places a strand of her hair out of her face while she stands to her feet.

Sophia gathers some of her things together before she states, "Jelena doesn't want to come...I invited her and Dexter wouldn't even talk to me."

Are you surprised?

I can see now why Jelena was so upset in her letter...

It's quiet for a bit when I don't respond, and she gasps while grabbing my shoulders, "Please! Please, won't you come?"

"I don't know them-"

Once again...cut right off as she states, "I'll introduce you to Seth and Fawn. They are nice, and I know you'll get along with them!"

It sounds like you are replacing Jelena and Dexter...

...I wonder why Holden would ever agree to abandon his friends. Unless he doesn't know and honestly wants to have a fun time.