Prologue

So wattpad is on weeds again and hence it is showing this book under public domain. But I would like to clear it that all the rights to this book are reserved.

Copyright © 2020 by RadheyPanchaali

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher. Infringement of the same may draw severe legal charges.

Ruhi's POV:

"Look at me Ruhi! The only person you will marry is Vishal." He snarled, fisting my hair.

My scalp burned, biting my lip to stop the scream that wanted to come out, I shall not give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. My heart hurt more than any physical injury, he was my father, the man who sired me. The man who had been the happiest when I was born, the one who sung many lullabies when I stayed up late at night and couldn't sleep.

My heart hurt, it twisted in pain. "I shall always protect you my Ruhi ." Was the promise that he had made to me, when I was six, when I had lost my mother and in a way my father too.

"Answer me! You good for nothing child!" He shouted as his hold on my hair tightened, the pain in my scalp increased but I held in the cry, I didn't bother answering him, it didn't matter. No matter what he said I will never marry Vishal. He shoved me on the ground making me gasp in pain.

Soon I heard his footsteps fading, once he shut the door loudly, I sighed in relief. For tonight I was safe. Tears ran down my eyes as I laid on the hard ground, gasps leaving my mouth as various parts of my body throbbed from the beating I received. Blood traced down the corner of my lips, making me taste its metallic taste.

I looked up at the ceiling, wondering what I had done to deserve this pain? To deserve a father like him? I cried, my stomach twisted in pain, but I shut my eyes as I tried to lull myself to sleep.

I felt a soft hand caress my cheek making me forget all the pain, as a soft wind blew taking away all my pain, as though someone else had taken them as his. "Ruhi..." I heard a manly voice, it was sweet yet like music to my ears, it was followed by the soft sound of the flute, which was the last thing I heard before losing myself to the dream land like every night when I was in pain. I didn't know who he was or maybe it was just my imagination but a part of me felt that somewhere out there was a man who cared for me, was the last thought on my mind before I lost myself to the dream world. . .

***

(Dwarka )

Jambavati pushed the huge door open to her arya's room, a soft smile on her face, jiji Rukmani had prepared the kheer and she herself had made the laddoos, she was sure today her arya would have to eat. She didn't know why he had not eaten or had any liquid for past seven days but whenever she or anyone asked he would always reply, "She is hungry how can her Krishna eat." His words initially aroused jealousy but now all she felt was concern, whenever she tried to ask who was this girl all he replied was, "Like you all priye she too holds a piece of my heart. In time you'll know." His answers confused her, more than his behavior.

Her chain of thoughts were broken as she looked at her Madhav. The platter of food crashed on the floor as her grip lightened on it. Shock ran through her system as she looked at her arya.

Red and blue marks marred his beautiful skin, blood trailed down the corner of his lips. "Arya!" She exclaimed fear lacing her words as she ran towards him, tears tracing down her cheeks, her hands trembled as her heart twisted in pain as she noticed a tear ran down his cheek as his eyes remained closed.

Krishna opened his eyes as he looked at his scared wife, she sobbed as she rushed to him

Krishna opened his eyes as he looked at his scared wife, she sobbed as she rushed to him. Her hands trembled as she tried to touch his face, "Arya... wh....at happened to you? You have so many injuries arya." She stammered as she looked at him, he gave her a calm and soft smile.

"I wish they were mine, than maybe they wouldn't have hurt so much." His voice was tinged with sadness, as she eyes traced the tears that leaked from the eyes of his wife. She didn't understand what he meant but the only thing she could think now was getting some lep (medicine) for all his injuries.

"Dasi!" She called out distressed, a servant came running in, she too was shocked seeing him injured. "Get some lep, hurry!" She nearly shouted as she looked at the bruises on her husband's body.

"Oh god! Please tell me how this happened swami." She pleaded, looking at her husband, who smiled calmly and cupped her cheeks. "Don't you worry priye, they'll heal." He assured her, "Don't cry, I can't bear to see another one of my loves crying." He said in a low whisper as his heart twisted as Ruhi's face flashed in front of his eyes. "Who else is crying Nath?" She questioned, why couldn't he for once answer the question in a clear manner.

"Someone I love. My very essence of living. She who is my soul." He answered vaguely, the confusion of Jambavati just increased, what did he mean? All his wives were here, she had seen most of them here. They were all safe than who? "Nath I really don't understand." She pleaded confused.

"In time you will." He reassured as he wiped her tears with his thumbs, as he kissed her forehead. The sound of the dasi's footsteps had Jambavati backing away to take the lep. She slowly applied it, her hands trembling as she bit her lip to stop the cry that wanted to break free.

After she was done, Krishna pulled her on the swing, making her sit next to him. Her head resting on his chest as he laid back, he took his flute out, trying to sooth both his loves to sleep, one that was far, while the other was sleeping in his arms.

"Ruhi..." He whispered her name, in a voice that was filled with love and longing, he moved his hand in air like he was touching her. He rested his hand back on his flute to lull the loves of his life to sleep, specially the one who was away from him, alone and hurt, Ruhi, his soul. . .

***
Do let me know what you think!
And comment and like if you liked the prologue.