38. Permission and Preparation

Now up and ready for the day ahead, Misa eagerly led you to the elevator. After agreeing to let her help you find a date she hadn't calmed down, remaining excited as she went through her daily morning routine. You now stood beside her in the elevator, finding it a little annoying how she couldn't stand still, moving and shaking the chain which was attached to your wrist. You knew she wasn't trying to be annoying but it was difficult to deal with her, meaning she was often the reason for your irritation. You hadn't known her very long but being handcuffed together made it seem like you had known her for a long time, too long even.

"All we have to do now is ask Mr. Yagami," she smiled, eager bouncing as we descended the elevator.

"Yeah, if you want it to happen then you'll be asking," you told her, immediately noticing her change in expression. Misa pouted angrily at you, her thin eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. It was childish of you to want to irritate her in some way, but it made you feel better so you didn't really care how it made her feel.

"You're the one who wants it so much," you reminded her. The blonde continued to pout, crossing her arms and turning away from you as a form of protest.

"But he's your dad, surely he'll say yes to you," she argued, refusing to turn back around. She watched you in the corner of her eye, hoping to see you give in. But you had no plan of doing that at all.

"He won't, if you beg I'm sure he'll say it's okay for us to go out," you replied, watching her in the corner of your own eye. Hearing what you had said really fired her up, making her turn to face you just so she could show you how irritated you had made her.

"I'm not going to beg, that's so degrading," she huffed, continuing to pout as if her making a cute face would change your mind. It irked her even more because you stood there looking as if you didn't have a care in the world.

"Remember that you're the one who wants this and all you have to do is say please a lot. It's not that hard," you said, noticing how she seemed to calm down. It was true that she was the one who wanted this and you were only going along with it. Heaving a quiet sigh, she eventually gave in.

"Fine, but you better put some effort into this date."

-------------------------

The elevator doors opened, revealing the room where all the other task force members were diligently working. The sound of the elevator attracted the attention of some of them, a few of  the officers offering greetings to yourself and Misa as you entered. You were quick to acknowledge them before scanning the room for the man the pair of you were looking for. Misa offered you a confident smile when she spotted him at his desk, grabbing your hand to lead you over to him. Seeing that the two of you approaching, Chief Yagami offered a kind smile.

"What can I help you two with?" he asked, adjusting his glasses to look up at us. Misa sent me a glance before clearing her throat and going for it.

"You mentioned that there may be some exceptions for us being able to go outside without handcuffs. So can we go out now? Pretty please," she asked, offering the sweetest smile she could muster. Hearing her request, the Chief lent back in his chair to think.

"Well, I suppose that's okay. I trust that (Y/n) will make sure that the two get back safe," he said, reaching into his pocket for his keys. You were both surprised how easy it was to get him to say yes, making you dread what was to come next out of this attempt to find you a date. Offering the handcuffs to him, he unlocked both and placed them on his desk.

"Great, let's go," Misa cheered, beginning to walk back to the elevator. You looked back at your father, trying to see if there was anything underlying in his expression.