18. Target

Kerrick looked back at you with a smile after pulling up to the venue of the party. A club had been hired out for the evening by one of the more well off kids that attended Light's university. You guessed it to be the kind of kid who didn't attend class and only went to university for the parties. You had meet many people with that mindset before so it wasn't uncommon. If people enjoyed the social aspect and wished to be around people, they could go ahead and do it if they had the money.

"Time to get out now," Kerrick reminded, Light turning to look at you.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked, seeming unsure. You nodded your head and got out of the car, having him follow behind you. The two of you sent a wave to Kerrick before heading towards the door where a bouncer stood with a list. There was a line of people by the door, the two of you making your way to the end.

The line passed quickly, the bouncer only needing to check the list to see if the person was on there before determining whether or not they were allowed inside. Arriving to stand in front of the bouncer, you changed from your usual self into your vision of Light's perfects sister. Smiling softly at the bouncer, you outwardly showed excited to get indoors.

"Name?" the bouncer called, directing his gaze to Light. Your brother seemed nervous but cleared his throat and spoke his name clearly with volume.

"Light Yagami." The bouncer looked down at the clip board in his hands, flipping over a few pages before stepping aside.

"Enjoy your night." You bowed your head to the man and grabbed Light's wrist, pulling him quickly into the club. You saw it as a way to reinforce the fact that your character was enthusiastic for a night of drinking and dancing, something a majority of women your age were interested. But in reality, you weren't fond of it at all. You hated the ruckus of the crowd, the high level of noise and amount of people that were always surrounding you.

While working you could deal with it. You would act like a completely different person and live in their headspace for as long as you needed, whether that was only a few minutes, hours, days or weeks.

In terms of your work, it was dangerous and every moment was one where you could be found out. But you had never had that happen, you had never been unsuccessful while working undercover, you were just that good.

You lead Light over the bar, a space where there was a lot of open space at the moment. Most other people sat at tables scattered around the club or were dancing, you needed to be in an open space so you could easily be noticed. And it worked the way you wanted it to, flawlessly.

"Light!" a high pitched voice called, the sound of heels clicking against the floor becoming louder as they drew closer. A flash of blonde rushed at Light, wrapping their arms around him, knocking your hand away. That was exactly what you wanted, a trap for a jealous girlfriend. She began speaking to Light, their faces very close to each other. You could feel the awkward atmosphere of you being present in such an intimate moment but you needed to get Misa's trust.

Eventually, she pulled away from being so close to Light and linked their arms instead. This allowed her to turn and look at you. You read it as a silent warning, her smile kind yet her eyes sharp and dangerous.

"Oh, Misa. This is my older sister, (Y/n)," Light managed to get it, watching as her face lit up. You knew it would work this way, Misa would want to get along with Light's family because she was the kind of woman who thought way ahead of anyone else. The kind of girl who thought about marriage and children even if they had only been dating for a short amount of time.

Misa immediately released Light's arms and stepped forward, taking your hand in hers.

"Wow, I never knew that my Light had an older sister. And you're so beautiful too, you look like Light's mom," she gushed, inspecting you closely. You smiled awkwardly, a forced blush pushed to your cheeks.

"You think so, thank you. And you must be Misa, Light talks a lot about you," you responded, watching as her smile grew even wider. You knew that getting Misa to like you was going to be easy, but not this easy. You had only said a sentence each and you could already see the eager look in her eyes.

Misa turned to light with her usual, bubbly smile and pointed over to one of the tables where a few of his close friends sat.

"Go hang out with your friends for a bit, me and your sister want to talk," she pushes, not looking like she would take no for an answer. Light gave a nonchalant answer, shrugging his shoulders before walking off, sending you two a wave before he disappeared into the crowd of people.

Now you were alone with Misa Amane, someone who would give you easy access to the girl you actually needed to speak to.

Miyuki Yasumoto.

Misa turned to you with a smile, pulling you by your hands over to the bar to sit down. She spoke to the bar tender and ordered two cocktails, not caring to ask what you would've wanted.

Normally, you didn't drink alcohol but you did drink while working to blend in with the drinking environment. The two colorful drinks arrived, Misa pushing one towards you while she took a sip of the other. She hummed in satisfaction, watching as you forced yourself to do the same. The drink tasted like fruit juice, the kind of alcoholic drink that someone who doesn't like the alcohol taste would drink. 

"It's so nice to meet you, (Y/n) was it?" she gushed. You nodded with a nervous smile, trying to show her vulnerability.

"Yes, (Y/n) Yagami but you can just call me (Y/n) if you want," you offered, wanting to be friendly. She laughed, taking another sip from her drink.

"Nah, I'm gonna call you big sister," she says with a big smile. Internally, you were annoyed but you couldn't show it.

The rest of your talk with Misa went this way, you remembered that you had never met anyone so annoying before in your life. You had once worked with her as a bodyguard, posing as a friend who was just going shopping with her. But now that you were connected to Light, someone that she was obsessed with, it made her want to be closer to you. This was the only downside to the night so far, but you mentally perked up when Misa noticed someone in the crowd.

"Look who just got here, Miyuki!" she gasped, the other girl rushing over in her heeled shoes to hug her friend. You shared a smile with the girl, her sending one right back.

"My name's Miyuki Yasumoto and you are?" she asked, offering her hand to you. Getting off your bar stool, you accepted her hand shake.

"(Y/n) Yagami, I'm Light's sister," you introduced. The girl seemed surprised but was also happy about it, you could tell by the look she shared with Misa who was smiling widely. The calling of Misa's name caught the attention of the three of you, Misa waving into the crowd at another group who you could only assume were her friends. She turned to you and Miyuki, giving a sad smile.

"I'm going over with them for a while so keep each other company, I'll be back soon," she said before running off, finding no difficulty, even in her ridiculous shoes. You shared glances with the girl who looked quite upset by this but this was perfect. Trust could be earned through comfort which you could offer, then you could interrogate her through a conversation she would think was just casual.

You had her exactly where you wanted her and you were going to find out whether or not she was the second Kira.

I'm glad I'm able to include  (Y/n) working undercover because I imagine her to be very talented. I chose undercover cop because I wanted her to have something to relate with L since he's a detective. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you :)