3. (Y/n)

12 years ago

"Take her please, I can't deal with her," the woman cried, dragging an emotionless-looking 12 year old into the police station. The woman released the girl's wrist, wiping her face of her desperate tears.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but-"

"Please, I'm begging you. The police were in charge of her, I didn't even adopt her, this was through the foster system!"

"Ma'am, please calm down. If you're having any problems then please get in contact with the social worker in charge of the child."

"No! She's a freak! I can't stand being around her, there's something wrong with her. Please, do anything," she begs, tears continuing to flow. The 12 year old girl stood beside the woman, her words of hatred having no effect at all. The look that was given to the officer by the girl sent shivers down their spine. Standing, they bowed their head to the woman.

"I'm not sure if there is anything I can do but I'll ask the Chief, he might know." The woman repeated her thank you's as the policeman ran off into the back, returning a moment later with a spectacled man.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked the woman, wanting to get back to the half finished report on his desk. The woman grabbed the girl by the material of her shirt and pushed her forward towards the desk.

"The kid, take her back. I can't handle her, please get her away from me." The police chief looked down and was surprised to see the girl he had come across barely 2 weeks ago. She had the same expression on her face, not seeming bothered by the woman's obvious dislike of her.

"Give us a moment and we'll sort it all out. Just settle down and tell us what happened," the police officer interjected. The woman took a few deep breaths before starting.

"She doesn't act like a human should and she shows no emotion whatsoever. Her nosy attitude is going to ruin my marriage and tear apart my family. I'm done with having her around, the ungrateful brat doesn't even have any manners." The girl looked up at the detective, recognizing him from that day 2 weeks ago.

"Hello, Mister," she greeted blandly. He smiled down at her, sending a small wave. The detective then turned to the other.

"Take the woman to the interrogation room and interview her fully, I'll take the child from here," Mr Yagami ordered. The policeman lead the woman away while the detective gestured the girl over to him as he walked around the front desk.

"Follow me, okay sweetheart." She nodded and walked behind him, looking around the precinct as they made their way to his office. He opened the door for her and allowed her to enter first but she stood still in front of the open door way, staring up at him. It confused him until he thought back to what the woman had said about her not acting like a human.

"You go in first, kid." She nodded and did as he asked, walking in and to the empty space by the desk. He gestured to the chair across from his and sat down, watching as the girl did the same.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" he asked. The girl, who was currently looking around the office, met his gaze and stared at him blankly.

"What happened?" she asked. He watched her with curiosity, it was as if she hadn't heard the things the woman was saying about her at all.

"That woman, what happened with her that made her so upset?" he asked. The girl pinched the material of her shirt and rubbed it between her fingers.

"There was a bowl full of apples on the table, the lady said she likes apples a lot. Every weekend she makes 3 apple pies. She takes one to her daughter's house, one to her neighbors house and keeps the other for herself and her husband. The Lady takes the first pie to her daughter's house, she said her daughter is sad and alone. Next she takes another pie to her neighbors house. The lady spends a lot of time delivering the pie there, then she goes back. The last pie stays and she eats it alone because her husband stays out late on a Saturday night." Mr Yagami raises an eyebrow a the girl.