42💫🔞

So this is the chapter that was most requested probably ever since I started writing this fanfic! So here y'all go

So this is the chapter that was most requested probably ever since I started writing this fanfic! So here y'all go. BUT Y'ALL BETTER LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENT BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER COSTED ME 100000000 BOTTLES OF HOBI WATER! AND READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED BECAUSE IT IS 18+

___________________________________________

Cheena

Seyeon's POV

The very next day what I did was, used my power as the emperor's imperial noble consort for the very first time.

"Is everyone here?" I asked Yakran and she nodded.

I looked at the crowd in front of me and spoke, "As you all know, the internal court is under my control so....I would like to bring in few changes." I paused to look at the servants' and court maids' reactions. They were all anxiously listening to me.

"I'm dismissing all the child servants from the internal court!"

The crowd was shocked.

"People who are forcibly brought here to work as slaves, are also free to go and I am demolishing the slave system from the internal court too. Everyone working in the internal court, will be paid for their work from this day onwards."

All of them bowed in front of me, "YOUR HIGHNESS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS!"

It was a step against the emperor and as expected, he came to visit me later.

"Why did you do such thing?" His voice was calm but I could say that he was offended.

"I'm in-charge of the internal court, your imperial Majesty and I just did what I felt was right!" I bowed.

"Ok fine! I understand why you're being sympathetic towards the slaves. After all you've suffered as slave too. But my lady, everyone is not as capable as you to rise in status like that and if your policy doesn't work and the servants become rebellious, then we'll get back to the old slave system!" He made himself clear and left. I rolled my eyes at him.

After that I sneaked out of the palace to meet Jeongguk. He was out on a secret patrol around the capital to gain some valuable information so I decided to go and search for him because I was sick of everything inside the palace. But meeting him in secret, even though we were married, was becoming the frustrating thing.

Jeongguk's POV

After looking around the capital, it was clear to me that the emperor wasn't just to his subjects. The people only showed him respect because they were scared of him not because they really respected him. I felt bad for them. How could that emperor impose such huge amount of taxes on the poor?!

I sighed and donated the poor the gifts that the emperor gifted Seyeon. The people were overjoyed and blessed me. Hearing someone bless me felt so unfamiliar to me. Earlier people only used to curse me.