09🌙

_________________________________________

Goguryeo

At the queen's quarters,

"This idiot Namjun! How can he make a lowly ranked girl the queen? Although it'll be easier to replace him with Seongjin if he goes ahead with the marriage because the people will revolt against him, I JUST CAN'T SEE A COMMONER IN MY HOUSEHOLD. I can't become the mother-in-law of a peasant!!!!!!!!!" The queen was fuming in her chambers.

"Prince Namjun is here." The maid declared from outside and Namjun entered. Hardly did he greet his mother, when the queen confronted him.

"What is this, prince Namjun? You can't make an entertainer the queen of Goguryeo. Look at her clan, she is a commoner!!!!!" The queen frowned at Namjun.

"Why mother? Can't a commoner become a queen?"

"NAMJUN!!!! It will be Goguryeo's insult if you make a commoner your wife."

"The court lady wants permission to enter the queen's quarters." A maid announced from outside the room.

"Let her in!" The queen granted permission.

The court lady bowed to the queen and prince Namjun, "Your Majesty, I've to say this with utter disappointment that lady Lee Yeong can't become the queen because she has a scar on her arm."

The queen smirked and looked at Namjun.

"Doesn't matter. If a male can become a king with a scar then a female can also become a queen with a scar. A scar doesn't define who you are, your heart does." Namjun said.

"Court lady, you're dismissed!" The queen ordered and the court lady bowed and left.

"Namjun! Don't oppose the laws. This is the law that all your ancestors have followed and you should too." The queen said coldly.

"But I'm the king-"

"Prince Jeongguk is entering!" The maid announced and Jeongguk entered.

He bowed to them and Namjun greeted him.

"Welcome brother. What brings you here?" Namjun asked.

"Your decision of making lady Lee Yeong the queen, hyungnim!"

"Not you too, Jeongguk." Namjun sighed.

"I'm coming from the court and everyone is disappointed with your decision. Hyungnim, nobody is happy with your decision and if you go ahead with the marriage, they might revolt against you."

"For the first time, I'm agreeing with prince Jeongguk. " The queen said.

"But I love her." Namjun sighed.

"In that case, I have a solution." Jeongguk grinned.

"What is it?" The queen raised a brow.

"What is it, brother?" Namjun asked with a curious look.