04🌙

_________________________________________

Seyeon's POV.

I slowly opened my eyes. "Ahhhh...." I immediately felt the pain in my abdomen and arms.

"Stay in bed! Don't move too much." I looked to the side and it was Princess Ahyoon. I bowed my head at her as a sign of respect and she nodded.

"W-wait a minute! I-I'm not dead?"

"You hardly escaped death. The physician said that your organs could have been damaged and you would have died because of that injury in your abdomen. You bled too much and fainted because of exhaustion." Ahyoon said with a concerned look. I looked at myself and saw that my wounds were bandaged neatly and once again my clothes were changed without my consent.

"But, congratulations, you killed the soldier and proved your innocence." She smiled at me.

"I-I just killed a human being."

"It's ok to kill someone in your defense. I'm so glad that you won."

"Your highness, why are you so happy? You are the one who thought I was a spy and put me into this situation." I said coldly.

"YOU-" Her court lady was about to say something but she gestured for her to stop.

"Seyeon, I'm sorry, but when I found you in the gardens, I truly believed that you weren't a threat to the kingdom even though my maids kept telling me that you could be a spy. But when you said that you're from the Shin clan, I got worried. What I did was my responsibility as the princess of the Jung clan...hope you understand." She explained.

I kept quiet so she continued to speak, "The citizens enjoyed the fight."

"Sure they did. They love to see someone dying."

"BE RESPECTFUL TO THE PRINCESS!" The court lady yelled.

"It's ok, court lady Kim." She said to the court lady and looked at me, "Actually they never saw a lady warrior. So don't misunderstand them, Seyeon. They liked you....everyone out there is praising you." She smiled at me. She is just like Aureum.

"Princess Ahyoon, you remind me of a friend of mine." I sighed.

"Aureum, right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Did she also die when your family was attacked?" She asked with an innocent face.

"Ummm...yeah." I didn't know what else to say.

"Seyeon, If you want, then we can become friends." She smiled.

"Your Highness....." The court lady objected but Ahyoon ignored her.

I mean I do need a friend here so I nodded with a smile.

She came close to me and hugged me lightly, keeping in mind my injuries.