05🌙

_________________________________________

The man came towards me. Crouching down in front of me, he looked straight into my eyes. I didn't realize when my hand rose to his left cheek. I touched his cheek gently, rubbing his small scar with my thumb. He looked at my hand and then at me and smirked.

Then he shoved away my hand and spoke up, "Ain't you the lady warrior who fought against the soldier today?"

"Uhh...yeah!"

"Go back to your room. It's not safe out here at night." He said standing up.

"Wait! Who are you-ahhh~~" I tried to stand up too but the pain in my abdomen didn't let me do that.

He looked at me with a smirk and crouched down again. He came close to my face, our faces were inches apart. I was just staring at him with wide eyes.

"You don't look too strong to be a warrior, you know?" He grinned. Before I could respond, he picked me up in a bridal style and I was shocked

"You look as weak as a chicken." He laughed.

"What-"

"Shhhh...hold me tightly else you'll fall." He smirked at me and started walking. I unwillingly wrapped my arms around his neck. I SWEAR, HE IS A DEVIL WITH AN ANGELIC FACE.

"Did you just compare me with a chicken?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I did. But the way you handled your opponent on the battlefield was impressive." He said looking at me and I just stared at him because I didn't know what to say.

"So Shin Seyeon, you seriously don't know me?"

"How would I know you?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hmm.....even I have never heard about a lady warrior in Goguryeo. Anyways, I'm Goguryeo's youngest prince, Jeon Jeongguk."

My eyes widened. Oh my God! He is from Goguryeo. Will my lie be caught?

"Ummm....greetings to your highness. Thank you for saving me earlier." I said but he frowned at me.

"Aren't you disgusted? Don't you hate me now that you know who I am?" He asked.

"Huh? Why would I be disgusted? Why would I hate you?" I asked getting confused and he stared at me intensely.

"Where's your room?" He asked ignoring my question again. I told him the directions and he carried me to my room silently. Thankfully, the maids were still sleeping. He slid the door open, carried me inside my room, and gently put me on the bed.

"Shin Seyeon, if you're trying to give me sympathy, then stop. I don't need sympathy from anybody. I might end up killing you or disrespecting you." He said coldly and left the room before I could respond.

"Huh? What did he mean? He is weird" I rolled my eyes.

"And wait a minute.....he is Goguryo's prince. What is he doing here?" I was left with so many questions.