44💫

This is the 2nd last chapter:)

______________________________________

Cheena

Seyeon's POV

The emperor went on a patrol early in the morning. He mentioned that he went to investigate about the famous 'young saviour'. I was so worried....what if he gets evidence against Jeongguk?

"Seyeon-ah.." That's when Jeongguk came into my room from the window.

"Jeongguk...I'm worried sick right now!" I told him anxiously.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked.

"W-what if the emperor gets evidence against you?" I looked into his eyes and asked.

"Then he'll put me to death!" He shrugged casually.

"Shut up, Jeongguk! Do you know how much I'm tensed right now?" I frowned at him and turned away.

He gently back hugged me, "Don't worry, my love. Even if he gets evidence against me, I'll figure out something to be alive for you and our child. But you promise me that you won't do anything and you'll stay here if I get caught!"

I turned around to face him and looked into his eyes in disbelief, "Jeongguk?"

"Yes! Promise me, Seyeon-ah! If you defend me and your secret gets revealed, our baby will be in danger and I won't be able to save all of us. So promise me, Seyeon!" He looked very serious.

I looked down and nodded, "O-ok...I promise!" I swallowed the lump in my throat and said.

On the other hand,

"Taiyo..." Liang paused to look at Taeheong who didn't respond.

"TAIYO!"

"Hmm? Oh? Your highness, please call me Tae!" Taeheong requested because he wasn't familiar with his secret name yet.

"Tae? That is a cute name!" She giggled. "Anyways, Tae...is it true that if two person share secrets, then they become more close?"

"Its true!" Taeheong nodded with a smile.

"So let us share secrets. I will go first. In my mother's will, she had wished to give the throne to Yeong unnie but orabeoni captured the throne. Only I and orabeoni knows about the will...so its a top secret!" Yeong said not breaking the eye contact with Taeheong. Taeheong already knew about it so he didn't look surprised.

"And I....I'm a prince not an eunuch!"

"What?" The princess eyes widened.

"This is all I can tell you for now!" Taeheong sighed.

"Is it because you were also exiled from your kingdom like Yeong unnie?" Liang asked innocently.

"Ahh? Yes...you can say that!"