Chapter 3

I woke up at four

I woke up at four. Sweating. Profusely. I don't remember getting into the covers but I am a horrible sleeper so I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up on the floor one day.

Thirsty, I make my way downstairs for a drink of water. Switching the lights on as I trek my war towards the kitchen, I scared myself when the plant in the corner slightly resembled a human.

I fill up a tall glass and for safety measures, I grab an alprazolam. Downing both of these, I sigh and rest my hands against the edge of the marble sink. I take a deep breath. In and out. In and out. A small throb in my arm jolted me upright as I examined the bandage. A little blood was spotting around but not too much. Not enough for me to care.

I won't be able to fall asleep now. I'll just study for a couple of hours and prepare for my upcoming exams. I'm so glad that my problems haven't affected my studies. In the near future I know that it will but for now, I'm glad that I'm able to concentrate on college.

I had left my laptop on the dinner table on the far side of the room. Opening it and logging in, I quickly scanned my unread emails. Nothing caught my eye so I cracked on and revised the last few lessons of biology and English literature.

6am. Before I knew it, two hours had gone by and it was almost time for me to leave for college.

I take a quick shower and change into a baggy white hoodie and blue jeans. Grabbing my bag, I slip on my trainers and walk to the cafe up my road. I usually go to this cafe when I leave early for school and right now it's 6:45. I can stay at the cafe for another half an hour before I need to catch the bus.

I make it to Wayland's Yard and I enter the small shop. These guys sold the best tasting coffees and biscuits that one can lay their hands on. Quickly, I order a classic latte with some scones on the side.

After receiving my order, I slowly make my way to a table. There were not a lot of people here today. Just a couple scattered across the space.

"Aria." I hear someone call my name and I freeze.

Slowly I turn around to be greeted by a boy who was seated at a booth by himself. He smiled at me, his white teeth shining. I recognised him from school, he apologised to me for Laura.

"Yeah?" I answered, I could feel my hand starting to itch and I clasped my other hand around it.

"We go to the same school." The boy replied. "Come, sit."

"Erm..." I say, not wanting to socialise with anyone.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I just wanted to talk to you." He sweetly says.

Hesitantly, I make my way towards him. It would have been a lot more embarrassing if I sat by myself.

"Im Jacob." He introduces himself.

"I'm aria... but you already knew that." I mumbled.

He smiles a lazy smile as he looks at me. I take a sip of my latte and break my scone before taking a bite of it.