Chapter 36

When I was younger, I never thought I'd be telling the love of my life how I felt about her at the age of eighteen

When I was younger, I never thought I'd be telling the love of my life how I felt about her at the age of eighteen. I never thought it's have this kind of effect on me. A heart shattering, soul crushing, inflating feeling that takes control of every organ you need to survive.

But, what does love mean to me? What does my love for Aria Bailey mean to me? It means that I accept her for the person that she is and and that I don't wish to change her into someone else. It means that I don't expect perfection from her, just as she doesn't expect it from me. It means that I'll love her and stand with her through the darkest of times. It means loving her when she's in a bad mood and too tired to do anything. It means loving her when she's down, and not just when she's fun to be with.

'I love you' means that I know her deepest secrets if she'll let me and not judging her for them, asking in return that she doesn't judge me in mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and I love her enough to not let go. It means thinking of her, dreaming of her, wanting and needing only her, and knowing that she feels the same way for me.

Me and Aria connected in a way that I have never connected with anyone before, and it drove me crazy. It made me mad, how infatuated and awe-strucken I was by this fascinating woman. I realised the moment I layed eyes on her in that cafe, that I wanted to spend the rest of my life by her side. Even if it was as friends. All I knew was that I needed her in my life. I wanted nothing more than that.

And now, she's laying next to me, and I'm breathing in the smell of her coconut shampoo, and I'm telling her how much I love her, and I now want nothing more than to hear them say the words back to me.Three words. Eight letters. Uttered from her soft lips.

I slowly stroke her hair, closing my eyes and resting my head next to hers. Aria's arm tightens around my waist and I smile to myself. She mumbles something in her sleep, and that smile on my face widens, a small giggle leaving my throat. See? She has me giggling.

She's so beautiful. Everything about her is so beautiful. But, her heart was the most beautiful thing about her. Aria is worth whatever chaos she brings into my life. And I hope she knows it. I couldn't be more grateful that she entered my life, turned everything upside down and buried herself deep into my soul.

I don't really know how to explain what it's like to fall for someone. At first, you don't even know it's happening. It all just starts with a simple 'hello' and you neve would have thought that it would lead to this. Your mind only focuses on that one person and nothing else. Whenver you see, talk to or are even near that special someone, those butterflies and that smile appear as your problems seem to disappear. Everything they say or do makes you smile. You just have that happy feeling inside again. It's a great feeling.

I don't know why Aria self harms. But, seeing those cuts and scars on her arms broke me in a way I never thought I could be broke. In a way, I was mad at myslef for not noticing before or for not knowing. Aria knows that I'll neve understand what she's going thorugh, but I don't want that to ever stop her from talking to me about this. I want her to know that I'm always there for her.

My hand grazes across her stomach and I pull her closer to me. She stirs in her sleep, her hand travelling up my back and resting on my shoulder blades. I kiss the top of her head and close my eyes.

I love you, Aria. And I can't wait to tell you that for the rest of your life.