'Enemies to lovers' troupe.

"Enrique! I'll see you later. Bye!" I yelled as I walked out of the door. I've promised Barbs, Simon and Josh to meet them and catch up with them. So much happened that I completely went out of touch with them for a while. I feel guilty for leaving them out and having them find out about me leaving the office through someone else rather than their very own friend.

We decided to meet at a restaurant. It's hard to find any good and private dinning place without prior notice, thankfully Enrique found a nice private spot for us. The trio were already there when I reached the place. "I'm so sorry I'm late." I apologized taking a seat next to Barbs.

"That's not going to be the first apology we'll be getting tonight." Barbs raised an eyebrow. Simon nodded sipping on a glass of red wine while Josh looked over at me apologetically.

"I know I messed up big time. I'm so sorry guys. I shouldn't have neglected you all." I said apologetically. "I won't hold back with the food tonight. You're in-charge of the bill." Barbs gave me a side look and started looking through the menu. If it weren't for me noticing her slightly tilted lips, I wouldn't have known just how to redeem myself.

"Of course the drinks as well." Simon chimed in filling his glass with wine. "It's on me. Choose whatever and however you want, I'll cover it completely." I nodded seriously.

"As you should." Barbs said pressing the call button for the waiter to order. "Okay guys, stop scaring her." Josh said slapping Simon's hand which was about to reach out for the wine bottle. "Eat first and drink less." He glared at him.

"You're too soft on her." Simon said rubbing his hand. "Josh, you can't be like this. I wanted to act a little bit more." Barbara agreed with a sigh.

"No, no! I totally deserve to be scolded."
Josh smiled and shook his head."We know that you've been caught up with a lot of things and we're not little kids who needs to contact each other everyday and report our activities."

"I know. But I'm genuinely sorry. I'm so lucky that I met the three of you. " I really meant what I said. Coming to a place new place and adjusting to it is difficult in itself but not knowing anyone to talk to and be isolated is very miserable. I'm glad I met them and had their love and support.

"Why are getting all emotional? We aren't abandoning you, neither are we marrying you off." Barbs chuckled hugging me. "You scared her too much." Simon shook his head and tsked."And whose idea was it to prank her?" Barbs glared at him.

"Enough you two. Stop making trouble and stop playing this blame game. Both of you are equally guilty." Josh rolled his eyes. Barbs and Simon glared at eachother one last time and huffed.

The scene was so comical that it made me laugh out loud. The trio stared at me amusedly. "Are you guys taking some online rakugo class?" Barbs rolled her eyes,"who would pay to watch this Sim joke?"

"You won't even have an audience for free." Simon said reaching out for his glass.

"The food is here." Josh interrupted the two as the waiter walked in with the trays. After the food was served, we started digging in.

"So.... I'm with Enrique." I said without looking at any one of the three present in the room. *Clack* the sound of dropping of the spoon could be heard. I bashfully raised my head to take in their expressions. Barbs and Josh were eating nonchalantly; they were too focused on the food that was at their disposal.