So many questions unanswered.

The weather today was just too cloudy. It was like the sky was mourning for something precious which was lost in despair or maybe it was a way for the heavens to untangle some knotted strings.

Winter was feeling exactly as the weather. She had no will to face the Devil after what happened in his room. She wasn't regretting what she said but she wished she could've dealt in a more matured way.

She brushed off the feeling of uneasiness and put no effort in dressing for work. Simply clad in skinny jeans and tank top with a black cardigan and ankle boots, she tied her hair in a messy bun and carried her black Gucci hand bag.

She stole a glace at the long mirror in front of her and wondered how long has it been since she last dressed up like this for somewhere formal. Lost in thoughts of her own, she headed towards the kitchen and sat for breakfast.

Looking at the freshly baked chocolate muffins and aromatic brewed coffee, she smiled cheerfully like a five year old. At least it was a good start.
~~~~

Enrique was lost in his thoughts when he got a phone call. "Speak." he stated in his business tone. "Boss. The Paris deal is at risk. Mr. Marquis is having a second thought. It seems like the hand of Reynolds." said the person on the other side of the call.

"You keep an eye on each one of them. Don't take any actions yet. We need to make every move cautiously. Wait for my next order. " he hung up the call before the other person could reply and threw it on his bed.

Enrique never imagined his life to turn out this way. Ever since Winter entered his territory, she did nothing but rile him up. He had no idea why she triggered him so much. The emotions he felt was so new and so raw, he couldn't understand himself for the very first time.

There were days he regretted his actions towards her but he couldn't accept what he was feeling. He felt as though Winter was responsible for how he was feeling and she was. He hated feeling something he couldn't comprehend.

Yesterday he realised how fragile she was. Yesterday something else stirred inside him. Yesterday his soul felt the lash. Yesterday her smile hurt him. Yesterday her words killed him inside but he don't know why it's happening to him.

He knew what happened was out of control. After the talk with Antonio, he realised one thing. She wasn't faking anything. That she is innocent. That she's not like those women he came across. She was different. And he broke her before he could hold onto her. But why would he want to hold onto her?

So many questions unanswered. So much denials. He was lost in a maze. It was all because of her. He should be worrying about business right now. He should be worry about the huge deal that's at risk but why is she taking over his mind? He had no idea but he didn't like this foreign feeling.

For a guy who's always looking for danger, he didn't appreciate this dangerous emotion haunting him. He put on his watch and walked down to eat breakfast. Before he reached the kitchen door, he heard her talking with Camma.

Her voice was soft and melodious. Why was it so different from others he knew? What was wrong with him? She sounded sad but she was talking about some happy place. Why does she sound so sad? He couldn't grasp the whole idea.

Fuck it! He thought. He entered the kitchen and saw her sipping her coffee. For the first time in my life, he was jealous of a mug that touched her lips. Why? Why was he feeling this way? It scared him.

She looked pale. He could notice that she lost a good amount of weight. Was she sad living with him? Who won't be? He knew he was making her feel miserable. Guilt hit him hard but the emotion was not guilt alone and he had no idea what else it was.

He sat down and Camma served him. Camma was mad at him, he knew that. A glance and he knew how mad she was but he knows that she can't be forever mad at him. She loved him like her son. He knew why she was mad at him and he had no objection to it.

He stole glances at her from time to time, in between drinking coffee or reading the daily tabs. But she never turned his way. And will she? What good has he ever done to her to make her look at him? He frowned. Why would he want her to notice him? He was acting like a highschool kid.

He had to do something. He always wanted her to stay away from him. And now that his wish is granted, why isn't he satisfied? He got what he wanted, so why was he feeling disappointed? What is this terrible emotion he was feeling?

He felt so connected to the weather outside. He for the first time couldn't take her silence. He wanted her to speak to him. He wanted to listen to her voice, see her smile at him like she does to everyone else except him. He for the first realised the consequences of his action.

Why does he feel like he made a choice.? He had lots of unanswered questions and there was no one to answer for him. How can he be wrong? What was going on with him? Before he could call her, she stood up and left the kitchen.

He couldn't do anything. He had no right to do anything. He had no right to stop her. He finished his coffee and tried to catch up with her and he saw her outside, waiting for a cab. "Hope in." he said. She flinched a little at the sound of his voice and it saddened him. Why?

"Get inside. We're going to the same place." he said with a gentler voice. "It's okay. I'll take a cab. " she responded with no emotion. So this is how she sees me everyday. He wondered. "Get in Win..Miss Rodriguez. We have a meeting and we cannot be late." he said in his professional tone.

He didn't know why he did that. He could see her face turning sad and it disturbed him. He wanted to punch himself for making her sad again. She got and he begun to drive. On the way, she never glanced at him even once. She was simply starring out of the window and he was couldn't say anything.

What can he say when he himself doesn't know what he's actually feeling.
************

Hello lovelies! A short chapter for y'all. I tired writing in the third person point of view, hopefully it sparked your interest to know a lil about our Icy lead Enrique.

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well. Always remember that no matter happens you're still valuable and loved by many.

Until next time. I 💜 you!
Stay safe~