Dancing with the devil.

It's been a week now since I've been working with the devil. I don't know what's his problem with me but all he does is dump files on my desk the moment I finish a pile. Ever since that night, he has not even glanced at me forget about talking. He's more cold and stubborn than he ever was before. I got to learn from his workers that he's known as the Iceman. As funny as it sounds, the title sure suits him. All I can hear everyday is him shouting over whatnot. He even glares at the flowerpot outside his office if it gets in his way or rather he gets in the way of the pot. Like as if the flowerpot would apologize and scoot sideways for him.

A knock on my cabin pulls me out from my train of thoughts. "Come in." I call out. "Hey! You done for the day?" Barbara walks in grinning like a mad woman. She's the first friend that I've made, and she's a crazy one I tell you. "Yes I'm done, let me just wrap it up." I sigh. "Okay. I'll be waiting outside yeah?" I nod and she walks off. Arranging the last pile of files, I grab my purse and locks my cabin. Not bothering to say goodbye to him because he completely ignores me, I say my goodbye to Mrs. Heth, the only kind lady on the devil's floor. His PA is one hell of a bitchy slut. Like boss like secretary.

Barbara, Josh and Simon were waiting for me near the parking lot. Josh and Simon are working in the finance department and both of them are good-looking with charming personality unlike someone I know. The trio are from Cali originally but ended up living and working here. "Sup, guys?" I walk up to them. They were grinning like crazy, I should have ran away at that moment but I didn't. I don't know why! "You see..." Barbara begins. "Oh no no no! I ain't going nowhere with you fellas." I step back while they grin like mad people. "Oh yes you are." Barbara holds one of my arm and Simon holds the other.
"We're going to go clubbing." Josh announces getting all excited.
*****
"This is a very bad idea." I yell over the music. "No it's not! Loosen up a little bit yeah?" Barbara smirks drowning in her eighth shots. It won't be long until she's completely wasted and on top of that we have to go to work tomorrow. Besides, where the heck is S&J. Yeah I call Simon and Josh by that name. Why? Don't even ask, I don't know myself either. "Let's go dance!!" Barbara yells pulling me towards the dance floor. After denying for the nth times, she pouts and goes off to dance with some guy.

Sitting on on the stools, I massage forehead slowly. If only I didn't agree, I would have been at home doing something productive rather than sit here like a fool. "Bad day?" The bartender ask wiping one of the cocktail glass. "Likewise." I sigh hoping to get a glimpse of the trouble trio so we could leave for home. "Want anything to drown yourself in? It'll be on the house." He grins. This bartender is really hot. Who am I kidding, every single worker here is good looking. Maybe it has to do with the job description or maybe not.

"I'm sorry but I don't drink." I smile when his eyes widens a tad bit. "No way! Seriously? Wow. Than what is a pretty lady like yourself doing here?" He leans on the counter flexing his biceps. "Friends." I groan. "I see. By the way, I'm Alejandro." He holds out his hand to shake. "Winter." I shake his hand smiling a little. "American! But you're hot like summer." He smirks and I playfully rolls my eyes. "I thought I'm supposed to be the Ice queen." I pout. He starts laughing shaking his head with amusement. "You're sizzling hot. You're parents should have named you summer." He chuckles.

"Then I would have the same name as my sister." I grin when his laughter dies down and stares at me in probably shock. "You have a sister named Summer?" I nod. "Wow! Is she hot like you?" He smirks. "Hey!" I playfully punch his arm. "Just kidding. But seriously what's with the names and seasons?" I shrug. "Dad loves winter and mum loves summer. And moreover, I was born on Winter and she was on Summer and hence that's how we got our names..unfortunately." He chuckles. "That's quite a story." I grin. "Yes! It is."

"So this is where you whore yourself." A deep male voice states behind me. A shiver runs down my spine and I turn around and hits my face on a firm chest. Looking up, the person's face surprises me. It was no other than the devil himself. I roll my eyes and turn my back to him. He sits beside me. "You didn't answer me yet!" He says in a hard cold voice. "I don't find it necessary to answer." I grit my teeth. "Yes it is necessary." His voice sounds more colder than it was before. He grips on my wrist and turns me around to face him. "Answer me!" His grip tightening every second. It hurts like bitch but I won't give him the pleasure of seeing me hurt.

"No! You don't own me that I'll answer to your stupid assumptions." I reply rather harshly. He chuckles bitterly, tightening his grip on my wrist. "As long as you live with me, in my house..you'll do as I say." He says stressing on the word my. "Like I have a choice." I state bitterly and his blank face turns into the expression I've grown accustomed to..anger, hatered and disgust. He pulls me up on my feet and drags me to the dance floor. I struggle to get myself out of his grip but he's too strong. Standing on the middle of the dance floor, he releases his grip on my wrist and pulls me by my waist instead. He places both of my hands on his shoulder.

We start swaying to the music. I was about to utter something but he place his finger on my lips hushing me. We fall in an awkward silence at first but slowly we get use to it. This is the first time I was noticing his attire. He had his white office shirt minus the tie and his sleeves rolled up with some buttons open. He look so carefree, his five O'clock shadow suits him alot but he has bags under his eyes, his eyes dead and cold, his facial expression is blank void of any emotion and his posture is guarded. Like always. He is always rude towards me but I feel like he's afraid of something, like he's scared to take a step forward..mentally and emotionally.

"Like the whore you are, you enjoy in every arms of any man isn't it?" His dark cold voice pulls me out of my trance. He pushes me back and walks out of the club. Angered by his action, I hunt down Josh and ask him to drop Barbs off since I can't find her and I wanted to go home. He agrees and I drive back home frustrated with his behavior. I can't believe I was dancing with the devil. I should've been more careful. I don't know why he hates me so much! What have I ever done to him?

I park the car in the garage and walks inside the living room. "Done fucking so soon?" A voice filled with venom speaks from my left. I ignore him and walks inside the kitchen. Pouring a glass of water, I lean on the kitchen sink quenching my thirst. "I don't give fuck who you whore around with but when I ask you something, fucking answer me got it?!" He yells making me flinch. "Just because I'm quite when you accuse me of something I'm not doesn't mean that I'm scared of you! A prick like you doesn't deserve an answer! What the fuck have I ever done to you asshole?!" I yell out in frustration. For the first time I saw the emotion of surprise on his eyes but it was covered in an instant.

"Coming to your true colors now I see." He spats out. "Listen here you worthless bitch! I'm not going to fall for any tricks that you're trying to play. Don't fucking mess with me." He says it with so much venom and disgust. He pushes me harshly and walks out of the kitchen. I lose my balance and the sharp end of the tile accidentally cuts my wrist but not that deep. Memories of my highschool life comes rushing in. How I found relief in cutting myself. How I believed that death would be a better place for me.

I clean my wrist and bandages it with the first aid kit placed in the kitchen. Tears stream down my eyes making me dizzy and out of breath. Everything around me was spinning, I feel claustrophobic. Panic attacks! Medicine. I need my medicine. Searching through my bag with much difficulty, I finally found what I need. My candies. I popped in two pills and settled myself on the chair. After I calmed myself down, I went up to my room. Changing into my nightdress, sleep consumes me.

Why did you send me here dad? Why?
********
Hey people. Another chapter after a gap of how many weeks? Anyway, hope y'all loved it.

Press the tiny star if you feel it's worth it. I'll appreciate it even if you don't. :)  keeping supporting and loving MCIB.

Lots of secrets to revel soon, so stay tuned. Until then, stay safe!

P.S. it's not edited yet.